Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Closed Thread

Old 5th July 2013, 13:12   #16
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Skoda Superb Repair Costs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinu_joseph View Post
JMD, where i went charges 4K for the same

Also what about the comment from ajmat about getting parts from skodaparts.com. Is this viable ?
For small part, it could be, if you know someone who could hand carry some parts,from the UK, nothing like it
Old 5th July 2013, 13:56   #17
BHPian

what about sites like alibaba.com. Are they reliable say for purchasing head lamps
Old 5th July 2013, 14:37   #18
Senior - BHPian

http://www.vicky.in/shopping/hella-u...Wiper%20superb

Wipers - Basic Set - User Replaceable - Rs. 400 for a set including shipping.

Last edited by AbhiJ : 5th July 2013 at 14:40.
Old 5th July 2013, 14:51   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post

Wipers - Basic Set - User Replaceable - Rs. 400 for a set including shipping.
Yes, there is Vicky.in but it has poor customer reviews. So much that we have a thread on it!
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ce-pg-3-a.html (Vicky.in's online automotive store. EDIT : Poor reviews & customer service on Pg.3)
Old 5th July 2013, 15:13   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Yes, there is Vicky.in but it has poor customer reviews. So much that we have a thread on it!
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ce-pg-3-a.html (Vicky.in's online automotive store. EDIT : Poor reviews & customer service on Pg.3)
Where there is a will..

http://www.autotrends.in/index.php/b...pack-of-1.html

Would advise the OP to measure his wiper blades before ordering.
AbhiJ is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2013, 15:15   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
Where there is a will..

Would advise the OP to measure his wiper blades before ordering.
Clever! Looks like the BHPians are in no mood to relent!

Giving the Skoda a good run for their money!

Last edited by saket77 : 5th July 2013 at 15:17.
Old 5th July 2013, 15:34   #22
BHPian

Quote:
what about sites like alibaba.com. Are they reliable say for purchasing head lamps
I wouldn't bet on those sites. Better to buy head lamps offline. Why don't you try Opera House?

Alternatively, call this person:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumbai...kz-mumbai.html ("At Home" Maintenance, Repairs, Accessories etc. - WagenWerkz (Mumbai))
He had agreed to source the tail lamp cluster of my Laura for me, so I suppose he would be able to do the same for your Superb. Added benefit is, he'll come to your house and install it.

EDIT: I'm sure he can get the wipers too, and ask him about the other parts as well.

Last edited by EagleEye : 5th July 2013 at 15:36.
Old 5th July 2013, 15:40   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Do not waste your money buying blades online for the Superb, it has a different clip system. Take it to Shetty Motors in Opera house, he will give you the correct blades for under 1200.
I bought Hella Dyna Edge for my Superb and they didn't fit, luckily one of them worked for my Fortuner.

For the rest of the parts you could check with Somesh at Shetty motors too.
Old 5th July 2013, 16:29   #24
BHPian

Thanks eagleeye. I saw some poor reviews on WagenWerkz regarding premium cars hence the hesitation. Moreover i understand that you require some scanning equipment to scan for errors and all. The scanning machine at the skoda workshop was massive.

Thanks Sahil. I did not know that Superb has a different clip system. But i stay in mulund and going all the way to opera house is not feasily (yes i am too lazy).

Anyway update on the repairs is that I went to collect the car only to find that the AFS error light was still not rectified, he says that probably the headlight control unit is spoilt, but they need to do some individual coding to check and if that does not work, then they will need to replace the headlight control unit (cost about 25K). Individual coding (whatever that means) will take atleast 2 days so car will not be ready till Monday.
Old 5th July 2013, 16:33   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks eagleeye. I saw some poor reviews on WagenWerkz regarding premium cars hence the hesitation. Moreover i understand that you require some scanning equipment to scan for errors and all. The scanning machine at the skoda workshop was massive.

Thanks Sahil. I did not know that Superb has a different clip system. But i stay in mulund and going all the way to opera house is not feasily (yes i am too lazy).

Anyway update on the repairs is that I went to collect the car only to find that the AFS error light was still not rectified, he says that probably the headlight control unit is spoilt, but they need to do some individual coding to check and if that does not work, then they will need to replace the headlight control unit (cost about 25K). Individual coding (whatever that means) will take atleast 2 days so car will not be ready till Monday.
Why don't you take a second opinion. Go to the Autobahn workshop at Sewri, and get it checked out. I generally send my cars there. It won't take you more than 30-35 mins from Mulund. Can tell you who to speak to there if you want.
Old 5th July 2013, 16:45   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This seems like a badly maintained car and subject to its owners apathy and mistreatment. If you have not made the payment yet, I would advise you to still back out from the deal.
dkaile is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2013, 16:52   #27
BHPian

Mod Note : All of these queries have been often discussed in other threads. Please search, thread closed.

too late for that. The deal is already done. For now i will stick to the Skoda workshop as the car has the extended warranty so hopefully they will honor it even though its a second sale. Not sure what more can be done. Will wait till monday, if they wont cover it under warranty, will reach out to Jatin (wagenwerkz) and see what he can do about it.

Last edited by GTO : 5th July 2013 at 17:54. Reason: Adding thread closure note
Old 9th July 2013, 16:23   #28
Team-BHP Support

Hari Narayan wrote in via Facebook to share this link. The thread is closed, but this might be of help to some:

Skoda's Service Cost Calculator

cya
R
Old 20th February 2014, 21:17   #29
BHPian

Default Skoda Superb Optical parking system (OPS) failure

A close relative of mine owns a Skoda Superb 1.8TSI (DSG). Today suddenly OPS system in his car failed. At first the display went blank with just mute button flashing and very loud (and long) beeps. After a while the beep also stopped and now it appears that the whole OPS system is dead.

He plans to visit Skoda service station tomorrow but it will help to know if someone else has also faced a similar issue.

Mods: Searched the forum but could not find any other relevant thread. Please merge if a similar thread exists.
Old 21st February 2014, 14:34   #30
BHPian

Default Re: Skoda Superb Optical parking system (OPS) failure

Problem solved by replacing the small speaker that beeps. The loss of display was also due to this faulty speaker.

Damages - Rs 4000/- (post 20% discount)
Time spent at workshop - 2-3 hours
Reason for failure - Not known, as per SA electronics can fail and this is very normal

Hoping that this was just a one off case otherwise considering the amount of electronics in this car, over a period of time these small failures will also leave a big hole in the pocket!!
Closed Thread