Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 4th August 2013, 16:25   #31
BHPian

Default Re: Scorpio ECU Issues

I have found a technician who fixes ECU ,s , and was very impressed with his capabilities ,
I got my faulty unit checked by him ,and the EPROM is faulty .
It is a BGA chip and needs to be replaced , and programmed .
This guy uses a hot air gun which is not suitable for such a chip , what it really needs for removal and resoldering a new one is a infra reworking equipment which I manufacture so am helping him to buy one .
Now we also have a person who has the program's of most of the Indian cars and can also do engine remapping to increase the power .
Let me do it on my Scorpio and I will keep you posted .
In the mean time I can try to get members with their ecu repairs at a reasonable cost instead of buying the new one which is frightfully expensive .
In addition to the cost of a new ecu the mahindra guys will ask you to change a perfectly goood wiring loom at a cost of Rs 25000 .
So the entire job will put you behind by more than a Rs 100,000 bill .
If you take a replacement or repair your old unit it can be done within Rs 20,000 . So a,saving of Rs 80,000.
By the way the company does not warranty the new unit being an electronic devise whereas the repaired one will have a warranty of one month .
magneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2013, 16:36   #32
BHPian

Default Re: Scorpio ECU Issues

Here is a reference to the problem which I experience to the dot
http://www.ecutesting.com/audi-a3-td...mon-fault.html
magneto is offline   Reply With Quote