Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 4th June 2006, 02:05   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default Fix-A-Flat available in India?

gyz, saw a thing called Fix-A-Flat....simply pour the contents into the flat (punctured) tyre and u r ready to go for next 7 miles. costs 5 $....my question is, is a similar thing available in India? and for how much?
panky12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2006, 21:04   #2
BHPian

Ya, Something Like that its called " Find The Tyrewala" ...lol..

But seriously the product is not worth it..neither is it practical in India...!

- For Pouring the liquid you need to open the tyre from the rim..! Secondly you will need to pump the air back in- Not so much an issue with portable pumps..! Usually we do keep a spare wheel..! Fourthly for $5 - Rs.220( Rate of 44) and something which works for 7 Miles - 11.26 KM ( Roughly)...Its really not worth its availibilty..!

Cost of Getting a regular tyre repaired is Rs.20 per puncture( Using OMNI Seal), Cost of Getting a Tube-less tyre repaired is Rs.50 Per puncture.(Using Sealant Plugs from SARV-SEAL)

To avoid such situation, One should always Fill up Air in all 5 wheels...!
If going in for a Tyre change- Recommended is to go with a Tubeless setup, as they let air out very slow...and can go till you reach a pit stop..! They don't need to opened to be repaired- just find the nail and pull it out and plug the leak with SARV-SEAL Plug...!

Very rare that all your wheels will fizz out of air, unless you have a dennis the menace in the colony...I was one...!

Last edited by wolfinstein : 4th June 2006 at 21:09.
wolfinstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2006, 10:29   #3
Senior - BHPian

bhai mere wolf, neither i have to open the tire nor anything else....i was just saving myself to the pain of stepnie change. it comes as a bottle with valve (like hawa bharne wala). u just have to fit the bottle wala valve into flat tyre valve and press a button. koi hawa nahin bharni, kuchh nahin karna. i think u r highly inspired by my ICE knowledge and wanna pay back!
panky12345 is offline   Reply With Quote