Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 17th June 2006, 00:47   #16
BHPian

Let me correct myself, what i meant by road side mechanic is that you need to find a local guy who is experienced & not a con artist.
just like you i used to trust a maruti service station who i dont want to name, where i knew even the works manager, but i found a local mechanic who i far more experienced and does a better job than a MASS.
The advantage of a small workshop is you can be present when your car is being worked upon. a Mass will never allow you into their work bays (Maruti Policy). Also you can use your preference of engine oil ( Mobil 1 or Shell synthetic) Maruti doesnt allow this.
I love my car & wouldnt subject her to any treatment that is sub standard.
I know a good guy in andheri if you need help do let me know.
Kaizer Sozay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2006, 01:34   #17

Really sad, when a bunch of fools at such service stations put us thru soooooo much grief, doing sub- standard work...i too have had my share of this nonsense at the shrinath hyundai workshop...now i too get my work done at a small local mechanics place..atleast i can get to see exactly whats being done with the car...pls let us know what maruti had to say bout the whole fiasco.....

Cheers,,
Nailbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2006, 10:13   #18
Senior - BHPian

I had called Mr Shashank Of Ravi Automobiles Yesterday and he told me that the maruti guys had called him.I Really dont know how the maruti guys got to know that i had given the car later for the brake job to ravi automobiles as the only people who knew about this were the spectra guys and maybe as i had complained on the toll free number they would have called spectra motors and they would have told them and stuff.
Anways the maruti guys were inquiring Mr shashank about what was wrong with the brakes and what were the repairs that were carried out and stuff and Mr shashank explained to the maruti guys my entire story and they enquired about the customer(ME) being satisfied with the brakes and stuff.
I think they are going to take appropriate action against spectra motors and i am going to call the toll free helpline again today with my complaint number which i have to enquire what action they have taken.Will keep u guys posted.
humyum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2006, 12:35   #19
Senior - BHPian

Guys good news.Got A call from spectra motors yesterday.First their service advisor who had taken my car called to aplogize and then their customer care person called and told me that they had made a through inquiry and found the service advisor as well the mechanic at fault and deducted their 2 days ka salary.I felt very bad about the deducting salary part.She said that next time get your car to me and not any service advisor and i will look after it as my own car.She said that they are discussing with the higher authorities at spectra on how to compensate me for all the stupid replies,wasting my money and time they have done to me.
Old 8th July 2006, 15:40   #20
Senior - BHPian

Again got a call from spectra motors.Their service advisor told me that they are refunding me 580 rupees back.The labour charge that they took from me.They cant refund the parts ka charge but the labour charge whatever they took will be refunded back.
Old 8th July 2006, 17:07   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

This is indeed a good end to your tale. I am happy to see the consumer winning (somewhat) and satisfied at the end of the day. I guess the spectra guys will think twice before unloading some nonsense tale to the customers (aisa hi hota hai)
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2006, 18:22   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum
Again got a call from spectra motors.Their service advisor told me that they are refunding me 580 rupees back.The labour charge that they took from me.They cant refund the parts ka charge but the labour charge whatever they took will be refunded back.
Congrats Humyum, You did the right thing by calling Maruti. By refunding your money Spectra motors will be more careful with their service in future. Don't feel sad for the loss of pay of those 2 guys because they would never have learnt their lessons any other way. Its time you gave them a call and told them " AISA BHI HOTA HAI, MERE DOST "

So long....
varunroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2006, 18:58   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunroy
Congrats Humyum, You did the right thing by calling Maruti. By refunding your money Spectra motors will be more careful with their service in future. Don't feel sad for the loss of pay of those 2 guys because they would never have learnt their lessons any other way. Its time you gave them a call and told them " AISA BHI HOTA HAI, MERE DOST "

So long....
Varun that last statement brought a nice laugh to my otherwise boring days.too good man..
Old 9th July 2006, 00:37   #24
BHPian

HI,,
getting the front disks machined would have solved the problem,,
u were facing the problem couse the disk pad was not getting full contact with disk,, and as u mentioned the disk thikness is 8 mm,, when u machine it u get around 7mm,, that is good enough,, just a small adjustment in the calliper pins and u are ready to go.....
i have done this n number of times,, and have had no problem at all,,

though the right thing is to get the brake disk changed,,,

regards,,
driven...
Driven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2006, 13:00   #25
Senior - BHPian

Hey driven i got a question for u.They said that 8mm is the minimum thickness to which the disc can ke machined meaning 8mm is the service limit.Yeah the problem was due to even depts in the discs but than after machining the disc will become even thinner.And as the discs have become even thinner the pads will have to travel some distance to come in contact with the discs.As the pads have to travel some distance the pistons in the calliper have to move a little more forward than the actual distace they would have had to travel in case of a proper thickness disc.This will lead to the brake pedal travelling more towards the floor which would lead to poor braking+during hard braking the pedal will go a lot more inside.
Revert back guys what do u think about this?