Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 16th June 2006, 17:47   #16
BHPian

no no, my engine temp remains constant thruout this.
naveendhyani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2006, 13:41   #17
BHPian

Hi Naveen,

To me it seems like the problem with the compressor clutch, either mechanical (not able to get locked or maintain the the lock) or electrical (loose connection). If the thermostat cut-in cut-off was to blame, then I guess switching the AC off and on again shouldn't have solved the problem, but thats the case as you said!
santosh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2006, 21:00   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_c
What you have described can be summarized as "inadequate cooling at low engine rpm" ... In any case, cooling is going not going to be so good at idle rpm, but if it is as bad enough to be bothering you, get the gas pressure and compressor checked.

- T u r b o C -
If your system is in top shape, your cooling will be as good in idle rpm. That is why the FICD ( fast idler control device) is provided to increase the RPM at idle condition. It also takes care of the strain on the engine and reduces the vibrations of your vehicle when the compressor comes on.

God bless.
soccer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2006, 22:18   #19
Senior - BHPian

looks like a relay problem to me.
humyum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2006, 12:22   #20
BHPian

well I shown this to some other mechanich he suggested that gas is already top up but your fan is really slow, show to some electric guy if he can increase the speed of fan, it might help,
lets see
a4_attitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2006, 14:24   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Naveen, did you show this to any ac mechanic? Does the ac comes back on automatically after a couple of minutes, instead of you turning it off and on? If you haven't tried it see if this happens.

The ac does turn itself off when it reach a particular temperature and again turns back on when the temp rises.

In the Qualis there are two buttons AC and FULL. If the button AC is pressed the ac will turn itself off when the cabin reaches a particular temp and turns backon when the temp rises. If the button FULL is pressed the ac never turns itself off, no matter what the cabin temperature is.
Sankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2006, 21:50   #22
RJK
Senior - BHPian

check your condenser fan
RJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2006, 12:31   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker
Man I have the same problem with me let me elaborate....

When both the engne and the a/c is runnig and the car is not moving and it is hot outside in day time A/c does not work.

When both the engne and the a/c is runnig and the car is moving and it is hot outside in day time A/c works but at 60-70 %

When both the engne and the a/c is runnig and the car is not moving and it is not so hot outside in night time A/c works 100 %

When both the engne and the a/c is runnig and the car is moving and it is not so hot outside in night time A/c works 100 %

I think this will explain to everyone when the a/c is working and when not......

I have a swift ZXI which has climate control and Even setting the temprature at 18 does not help. In auto or manual mode........
have the same problem with my lancer ...but this is due to the fact that i do not have sun film on my windscreen hence the car heats up in the afternoon ..so much that my a/c does not cool when the car is not moving but if i drive over 30kph it cools better
ancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2006, 15:51   #24
BANNED

I used to have this problem with my Gypsy years ago. When the car was idling, it would only blow hot air. See if the cool air starts once you press the accelerator.

The Vitesse guys showed me this cut off switch under the hood. When it was on, the A/C would be on regardless if the car was running or idling. When it was off, the compressor would only come on once you press the accelerator and switch off when idling. This is probably to prevent the car from overheating, but I don't think Baleno should have any such problem, especially with its kickass A/C

Maybe your car has some similar switch that needs adjusting.
Boom Shiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2006, 16:29   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Shiva
I used to have this problem with my Gypsy years ago. When the car was idling, it would only blow hot air. See if the cool air starts once you press the accelerator.

The Vitesse guys showed me this cut off switch under the hood. When it was on, the A/C would be on regardless if the car was running or idling. When it was off, the compressor would only come on once you press the accelerator and switch off when idling. This is probably to prevent the car from overheating, but I don't think Baleno should have any such problem, especially with its kickass A/C

Maybe your car has some similar switch that needs adjusting.

I don't think the system is like that in MPFI cars. In MPFI the ac would be on even if the car is idling and the idle rpm is automatically increased by the ecu when the ac is on.
Old 21st June 2006, 14:02   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveendhyani
@ DRC : the 2006 VXi has climate control, before that it was not available
@ nitroxx : lately i have not topped the gas so i guess this cud not b the reason.

nyways thanx a ton for ur replies.

Naveen,
The Swift VXi neither had climate control ever, not does it have in 2006 models. Only and only the Swift ZXi model boasts of a climate control.
buntydey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2006, 14:54   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by buntydey
Naveen,
The Swift VXi neither had climate control ever, not does it have in 2006 models. Only and only the Swift ZXi model boasts of a climate control.
It's a Baleno VXi not a Swift.