Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2014, 08:36   #61
Senior - BHPian
 
IshaanIan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Hyd/B'lore
Posts: 2,430
Thanked: 3,130 Times
Default Re: Suzuki Kizashi: Common Steering Vibration Issue when Braking

Finally! With your car out of harms way Adi, this forum can concentrate on DIYs, mods etc. Oh and buddy, as the most active member here, you have got to update us on the auto-locking feature that was going to be programmed into the key fob

Last edited by IshaanIan : 15th January 2014 at 08:47.
IshaanIan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2014, 10:17   #62
Distinguished - BHPian
 
audioholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: BengaLuru
Posts: 3,244
Thanked: 4,899 Times
Default Re: Suzuki Kizashi: Common Steering Vibration Issue when Braking

OT but what happened to the cranking problem? Was the battery replaced on grounds of the horn tone being inconsistent?
audioholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2014, 16:42   #63
BHPian
 
rockporiom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: GJ-01/Toronto
Posts: 720
Thanked: 760 Times
Default Re: Suzuki Kizashi: Common Steering Vibration Issue when Braking

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
OT but what happened to the cranking problem? Was the battery replaced on grounds of the horn tone being inconsistent?
No, as you said disconnected and reconnected the battery and problemo solved. No cranking problems or fault code after that. Even the start up issue has disappeared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Finally! With your car out of harms way Adi, this forum can concentrate on DIYs, mods etc. Oh and buddy, as the most active member here, you have got to update us on the auto-locking feature that was going to be programmed into the key fob
Hey sorry man couldn't update you on that. The locks were programmed but somehow only three doors were locking at speed and not the driver's door. So, they have asked me for some more time. Meanwhile, I have reprogrammed it to not lock at speed. It is quiet complicated and needs some kind of programming with the help of a laptop and OBD port connector.


As for DIY's and mods I would want to wait for the warranty to expire. Had thought of getting Angle eye headlights and a HUD installed. The angle eye voids warranty so would wait but planning to get the HUD installed. It plugs into the OBD port and is plug and play, doesn't void warranty.

Last edited by rockporiom : 15th January 2014 at 16:53.
rockporiom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2014, 21:51   #64
Senior - BHPian
 
IshaanIan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Hyd/B'lore
Posts: 2,430
Thanked: 3,130 Times
Default Re: Suzuki Kizashi: Common Steering Vibration Issue when Braking

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockporiom View Post

Hey sorry man couldn't update you on that. The locks were programmed but somehow only three doors were locking at speed and not the driver's door. So, they have asked me for some more time. Meanwhile, I have reprogrammed it to not lock at speed. It is quiet complicated and needs some kind of programming with the help of a laptop and OBD port connector.


As for DIY's and mods I would want to wait for the warranty to expire. Had thought of getting Angle eye headlights and a HUD installed. The angle eye voids warranty so would wait but planning to get the HUD installed. It plugs into the OBD port and is plug and play, doesn't void warranty.
Hahaha knew you would be planning something HUD (as in Heads Up Display?) does sound quite interesting. Do keep me posted on it as well as updates on the auto-locking feature (glad to know it actually worked to an extent) Do you know if it will be possible to import the HID kit for the Kizashi since it is offered in places like Malaysia?
IshaanIan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2014, 21:56   #65
BHPian
 
rockporiom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: GJ-01/Toronto
Posts: 720
Thanked: 760 Times
Default Re: Suzuki Kizashi: Common Steering Vibration Issue when Braking

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Hahaha knew you would be planning something HUD (as in Heads Up Display?) does sound quite interesting. Do keep me posted on it as well as updates on the auto-locking feature (glad to know it actually worked to an extent) Do you know if it will be possible to import the HID kit for the Kizashi since it is offered in places like Malaysia?

Yes it is possible. If you have good relation with an ASC then he might order it for you. I have contacts in the ASC here they are ordering the lower grill in chrome honeycomb design just like the one on top. It is a genuine part costing Rs. 5700/-
rockporiom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Heavy steering vibration on idle sweet_poison Technical Stuff 18 6th August 2015 14:15
Steering wheel vibration lohithrao Technical Stuff 44 17th August 2012 22:59
Vibration of Accelerator and Steering PatienceWins Technical Stuff 6 15th April 2008 10:19
New D-segment car from the Suzuki stable - Kizashi low_bass_makker The Indian Car Scene 0 18th January 2008 10:09


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 17:49.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks