Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 9th December 2013, 17:05   #31
BHPian

Default Re: Micro-Hybrid issues in Mahindra Scorpio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
I feel its great that you brought out the real issue, and will be helpful to many in the future.

Come on, its basic thing dealer should have pointed out. I don't think many owners go through line by line of manuals.

I think its pointless now arguing who said what. Owner was frustrated and let us leave it at that. It's not like M&M have a perfect track record

Let us move on.
Friends, all I would say is that it does not take dealership 2.5 years to discover the issue with the mat! If at all, they went on changing the MH Sensors and Switches blindly and charged me a good amount for each change...what were they trying to do or prove of themselves? Let me site an example, I have an Accent ViVa CRDi - 2004 model and I sent it to the dealership for servicing and in the evening they sent me a bill of 6.5K (in the year 2005) and I requested intervention from Hyundai Motors....you may be surprised or rather shocked SS Traveller, HM motors senior managers reached the workshop on a particular Saturday and at my convenient time and challenged and confronted the dealer for the list of works carried out...the dealer was penalized heavily. Now this is what service is all about and they have actually bench marked the levels in my mind and hence the statement which you find Nasty.......and We don't! You missed another point in the trail...The dealership tested MH with a 95Amps battery rather than 85Amps...another time, what are the trying to prove??? Any guesses?? Cheers!
Sumeet_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2013, 18:34   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeet_s View Post
...I have an Accent ViVa CRDi - 2004 model and I sent it to the dealership for servicing and in the evening they sent me a bill of 6.5K (in the year 2005) and I requested intervention from Hyundai Motors....you may be surprised or rather shocked SS Traveller, HM motors senior managers reached the workshop...and challenged and confronted the dealer for the list of works carried out...the dealer was penalized heavily. Now this is what service is all about and they have actually bench marked the levels in my mind...
Related read:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...practices.html (Hyundai India, unreasonable long term maintenance and service practices!) ;

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...06-063-km.html (Accent Viva CRDi Dec '04 - Bid Adieu After 106,063 km.).
Quote:
...and hence the statement which you find Nasty.......and We don't!
Generalizations of a frustrated owner?! All Indian make SUVs to blame because of one errant dealer? Your choice. As Jaggu said, let us move on.
SS-Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2013, 07:39   #33
BHPian

Smile Re: Micro-Hybrid issues in Mahindra Scorpio

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Related read:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...practices.html (Hyundai India, unreasonable long term maintenance and service practices!) ;

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...06-063-km.html (Accent Viva CRDi Dec '04 - Bid Adieu After 106,063 km.).

Generalizations of a frustrated owner?! All Indian make SUVs to blame because of one errant dealer? Your choice. As Jaggu said, let us move on.
Exactly my point! As I mentioned I reported the issue to HM and they intervened and sorted it out for me immediately, while I have been reporting this to M&M for over a year now and no resolution!! Further, SS Traveller, have you seen my Classic car that I maintain? Please do if not....I have been maintaining cars since the age of 15...have had Fiats/ ambassadors, Marutis (different models) and HM and M&M.....I have had experiences with most of the Indian make cars...hence, it is not a Generalization of a Frustrated customer alone!

Very well said: Lets Move on and see if we can share some of our experiences to maintain out prized possessions for a better drive....What say my friend?
Sumeet_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2013, 22:04   #34
BHPian

Quote:
....I have been maintaining cars since the age of 15...have had Fiats/ ambassadors, Marutis (different models) and HM and M&M.....I have had experiences with most of the Indian make cars...hence, it is not a Generalization of a Frustrated customer alone!
Despite all your experience in maintaining cars you missed a trick here, despite another experienced member pointing out a possibility which turned out to be the cause of your problem, as eventually discovered by your workshop. It happens to all of us, sometime or other. One keeps learning.
jhaji is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote