Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 29th February 2016, 09:15   #31
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Shell engine oils & automotive lubricants. Available online

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiestarry View Post
On the back of the collective wisdom of bhpians I have ordered Shell Ultra on Amazon for my Skoda.
I hope it turns out to be genuine. The seller is EReliable. I have mailed them also.
As an engineer, nothing gives the jitters like bad lub oil.
Thanks folks.
I hope you made sure the oil is compatible with your car. Couple of my friends bought the oil then saw that their engines needed a higher spec oil
SunnyBoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2016, 09:09   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
I hope you made sure the oil is compatible with your car. Couple of my friends bought the oil then saw that their engines needed a higher spec oil
Agree with SunnyBoi. You should check specification for your engine and then buy this. Though it will not be an overkill to use this in Indian conditions, just for the sake of standard practices.
prithm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2016, 13:01   #33
BHPian

Shell Helix Ultra is a good fully synthetic oil and was widely used by the VAG group until recently.
Skoda had placed Shell Helix stickers inside the bonnet too. No fear from that end.
The issue is about the genuineness of the oil which has been confirmed by EReliable who is the seller under the Amazon umbrella.
The rest is yet to unfold !!
fiestarry is offline   Reply With Quote