Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 17th December 2013, 11:30   #1
BHPian

Default Lots of issues with my Mitsubishi Cedia

I have been kicking myself relentlessly over the last few months for buying this car, always wanted one after seeing them burn the rally and track circuits in India, now the car is literally burning my backside.

The hydraulic lashes fail in a car that has run only 34K kms in the last three years of ownership, after replacement of the lashes, smoke is seen in the exhaust, now I am told cylinder no 3 spark plug has oil, which means stem seals might be the problem, probability given 90%, then on arrival, workshop cant open the stem seal, so whole head has to be opened, on opening, cylinder no 3 piston has play, so does the rest of the pistons, so diagnosis is now rings have to be changed, are you freaking kidding me.

A japanese car with such a lineage as Mitsubishi, rings have to be changed at 34K kms , I have either got a lemon or am freaking getting a real raw deal here.

Anybody has any contacts at Mitsubishi as this really stinks, and am in Bangalore.
Khodays is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2013, 13:14   #2
BHPian

Default re: Lots of issues with my Mitsubishi Cedia

Given the state of affairs Mitsubishi is in, especially with Cedia, Red Rooster Performance is your best bet. Though, I am not sure it they take up regular maintenance work, you can give it a try. The cost is a bit on higher side but I am sure the workman ship will be better than any of A.S.S.

My two cents
-Nidhi
Srinidhi is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2013, 13:57   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khodays View Post
Anybody has any contacts at Mitsubishi as this really stinks, and am in Bangalore.
I assume you have been going to SVR Motors. If so, what is your feedback and experience so far?

I know a few people there who can be lined up. Let me know.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2013, 14:03   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
I assume you have been going to SVR Motors. If so, what is your feedback and experience so far?

I know a few people there who can be lined up. Let me know.
Yes Mr.Devdath, it is SVR motors, well its 50/50 till now, but this incident has shaken me very badly and the bottom line is, there is no conclusive answers, as I leave the car for one complaint and I end up with a huge laundry list, not to mention a fat bill, any help you can provide would be very helpful.
Khodays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2013, 14:18   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khodays View Post
any help you can provide would be very helpful.
Where do you think the issue is:
With the car?
With the technical competence of the staff?
With the availability of spare parts?
With the cost of spare parts?
With the cost of labor?
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2013, 14:33   #6
BHPian

Please find my answers inline:
With the car? Yes, if there is a reason for rings getting changed so early, I need very clear answers to the reason behind this, as this just doesnt happen, I can understand if its a Royal Enfield but not a Mitsubishi, I have an RE as well.

With the technical competence of the staff?Yes, Visited them multiple times for the same issue, first time, I was told there is no problem, and then inability to point to the right problem, but its more of a trial and error, which is bothering.

With the availability of spare parts?Yes, once am told, it will take 40 days for the lash to come from Japan and then voila appears outta nowhere in 4 to 5 days, very inconsistent on delivery timelines.

With the cost of spare parts? No, I dont have a reference point to that so I cant comment on that, but the supervisor has promised me to give the parts at landing cost, so thats a positive.

With the cost of labor? No, again I dont have a reference point, but I have pushed them for a rationalisation of labor, as once you open a engine, you cant keep adding different labor cost for various activities for rationalising the cost.

Hope this gives the necessary information.
Khodays is offline   Reply With Quote