Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Closed Thread
Old 25th June 2006, 22:57   #1
Default ..car making booming kinda sound..

I wuz standin at the bus stop today when i saw or rather heard this modded lancer go by.It wuz makin quite a lotta noise.I could hear it pass by inspite of the fact that i wuz listenin to songs on my pod..the thing is,it wasnt makin the kind of revvin noise that sports cars make...rather,it wuz a deep booming kind of sound..cud nyone tell me y this wuz happening?
Old 25th June 2006, 23:54   #2
Senior - BHPian

i assume you are new here so i would advise you to go through the announcements section first.
I think it could have been from his ICE set up unless you are talking specifically about the engine making the noise.
Old 26th June 2006, 02:58   #3
Team-BHP Support

And if it wasn't the booming of an ice setup that you are talking about, then maybe it was the vrooming from a modified exhaust system. Mufflers/catback exhausts/free flow systems are a common sight nowadays, susprised how you haven't come across any of this earlier.
following link for automech exhausts should help you understand what i am talking about just incase you are not familiar with the same.

you can even go through the modifications section as this topic has been extrensively discussed on the forum.
Closed Thread