Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 3rd March 2010, 16:29   #46

Suggest to have your Fuel tank and supply lines are cleaned. There might be water/rust/due to bad fuel. After cleaning, use fuel at proper petrol bunk like Shell, pure for sure. Change the oil filter.
Secondly, ensure the the injectors are properly cleaned once again. Bad fuel/rust in tank can block the injectors once again. So suggest to re-clean the injectors. Clean the spark plugs once again (no need to change).
Lastly, if misfire happens, try to check at what rpm it happens. Start the vehicle, slowly raise the rpm approximately increasing the rpm in steps of 10rpm/20 seconds starting from idiling position. at one point you might find the misfire. Note it down, this might be the problem of ECU. If so get the ECU remapped.
Happy debugging
yogeshnaik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2010, 16:54   #47

Can you provide some links to pictures of dirty injectors? All this while I was under the impression that the deposit was taking place inside the injector nozzle & restricting the orifice!

These are the ones I could get from a simple google search, but they're pretty much what I was talking about.
Attached Images
Otto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2010, 22:04   #48

Thanks for your suggestions. I drove the car about 70 km today. No knocking or misfiring at all.
Thanks for the pictures. They are cool & illustrate the point you had made very well.
nura is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2013, 15:07   #49
Default Re: Engine Missing Problem in Santro - Please Help

Hi all TBHPians,
I have been facing identical problem on my santro...the cars runs fine on a cold start for about 15mins and then starts giving the jhatkas as mentioned by everyone.i have already tried replacing the plugs and plugwires. The workshop thinks its a problem with ignition coil. on scanning it reported camshaft sensor malfunction..
Experts pls suggest on above...and typically how much would the ignition coil n sensor cost ??.
P.S just before this problem started, i had engine overheating problem due to crack in radiator hose pipe.
RHCP is offline   Reply With Quote