Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2010, 16:29   #46
BHPian
 
yogeshnaik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 314
Thanked: 41 Times
Default

Suggest to have your Fuel tank and supply lines are cleaned. There might be water/rust/due to bad fuel. After cleaning, use fuel at proper petrol bunk like Shell, pure for sure. Change the oil filter.
Secondly, ensure the the injectors are properly cleaned once again. Bad fuel/rust in tank can block the injectors once again. So suggest to re-clean the injectors. Clean the spark plugs once again (no need to change).
Lastly, if misfire happens, try to check at what rpm it happens. Start the vehicle, slowly raise the rpm approximately increasing the rpm in steps of 10rpm/20 seconds starting from idiling position. at one point you might find the misfire. Note it down, this might be the problem of ECU. If so get the ECU remapped.
Happy debugging
yogeshnaik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2010, 16:54   #47
BHPian
 
Otto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 52
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Can you provide some links to pictures of dirty injectors? All this while I was under the impression that the deposit was taking place inside the injector nozzle & restricting the orifice!

These are the ones I could get from a simple google search, but they're pretty much what I was talking about.
Attached Images
   
Otto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2010, 22:04   #48
BHPian
 
nura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 585
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

@yogeshnaik
Thanks for your suggestions. I drove the car about 70 km today. No knocking or misfiring at all.
@Otto
Thanks for the pictures. They are cool & illustrate the point you had made very well.
nura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2013, 15:07   #49
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 26
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: Engine Missing Problem in Santro - Please Help

Hi all TBHPians,
I have been facing identical problem on my santro...the cars runs fine on a cold start for about 15mins and then starts giving the jhatkas as mentioned by everyone.i have already tried replacing the plugs and plugwires. The workshop thinks its a problem with ignition coil. on scanning it reported camshaft sensor malfunction..
Experts pls suggest on above...and typically how much would the ignition coil n sensor cost ??.
P.S just before this problem started, i had engine overheating problem due to crack in radiator hose pipe.
RHCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2017, 15:45   #50
BHPian
 
akshaymahajan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Delhi
Posts: 500
Thanked: 133 Times
Default Re: Engine Missing Problem in Santro - Please Help

Reviving an old thread

I have a 2007 Santro run 125k+ kms. It has been running on CNG since the last 85k kms without any issues.

Since the last couple of months, I have been facing a lot of issues with it.

One of the 4 spark plugs has been fried (shorted) three times in the last 2 months (random loud 'phat' sound from the engine at low revs). It is always the same one. This causes engine to miss and hence the pick up has taken a drastic hit.

The air filter has been replaced, the throttle body and injectors cleaned, but still the same issue.

The car isnt running at its best even on Petrol but CNG just amplifies the problem multi fold.

After reading around, I want to say that its an ignition coil problem and that needs to be changed. However, the mechanic I showed it to says its because of the spark plug wires and replacing those would solve the issue.

All pointers will be appreciated. And if you have a patient mechanic in the western side of Delhi, recommendations are welcome as well.
akshaymahajan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2018, 15:49   #51
BHPian
 
fast_elegance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Mangalore/Bangalore
Posts: 336
Thanked: 89 Times
Default Re: Engine Missing Problem in Santro - Please Help

Bumping an old thread.

We have a 2008 Santro xing. Car was recently serviced and the service center had suggested a MAP sensor replacement due to an occassional jerk that we complained about. We decided not to get this sensor changed at this point as the jerk was very occassional and not worrying.

We got the AC serviced from an outiside ac specialist recently and now there is a strange problem.

Whenever the headlight is turned on, the car starts jerking very badly. There is no such issue otherwise. Showed it to Hyundai ASS and they have now again mentioned that it is a faulty MAP sensor and costs approx. 4k.

I am unable to relate how this issue cropped up and became so intense after the ac service. That too only when the headlights are switched on. This issue previously was not connected to the headlight being on.

Can someone here help me understand if the diagnosis by HASS is correct based on the symptoms? I know this thread has suggestions for checking the spark plugs and cables. These were already done.

Thanks.
fast_elegance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2018, 15:11   #52
BHPian
 
vsaravind007's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 56
Thanked: 437 Times
Default Re: Engine Missing Problem in Santro - Please Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast_elegance View Post
Bumping an old thread.

We have a 2008 Santro xing. Car was recently serviced and the service center had suggested a MAP sensor replacement due to an occassional jerk that we complained about. We decided not to get this sensor changed at this point as the jerk was very occassional and not worrying.

We got the AC serviced from an outiside ac specialist recently and now there is a strange problem.

Whenever the headlight is turned on, the car starts jerking very badly. There is no such issue otherwise. Showed it to Hyundai ASS and they have now again mentioned that it is a faulty MAP sensor and costs approx. 4k.

I am unable to relate how this issue cropped up and became so intense after the ac service. That too only when the headlights are switched on. This issue previously was not connected to the headlight being on.

Can someone here help me understand if the diagnosis by HASS is correct based on the symptoms? I know this thread has suggestions for checking the spark plugs and cables. These were already done.

Thanks.
Hi fast_elegance, I'd suggest you checking your battery. This seems like something related to the electrical system of the car. It'll be better if you check the alternator(especially the regulator that is in it). This isn't related to the MAP sensor I believe, it could affect your gas mileage though.
vsaravind007 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2018, 05:26   #53
BHPian
 
fast_elegance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Mangalore/Bangalore
Posts: 336
Thanked: 89 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsaravind007 View Post
Hi fast_elegance, I'd suggest you checking your battery. This seems like something related to the electrical system of the car. It'll be better if you check the alternator(especially the regulator that is in it). This isn't related to the MAP sensor I believe, it could affect your gas mileage though.

Thank you very much.

A quick update. Tested the car with a fully healthy battery from a FNG. The missing issue seems to be gone. So now it is confirmed that the issue is with the battery. The diagnosis tool at HASS did indicate an error related to MAP sensor. May be there is an issue with the sensor as well.

Next step is to replace the battery and then take the car to HASS and check if the error still exists. If yes, will get the MAP sensor replaced.
fast_elegance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2018, 23:19   #54
BHPian
 
Naveen_0181's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Plano, USA
Posts: 34
Thanked: 33 Times
Default Re: Engine Missing Problem in Santro - Please Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast_elegance View Post
Thank you very much.

A quick update. Tested the car with a fully healthy battery from a FNG. The missing issue seems to be gone. So now it is confirmed that the issue is with the battery. The diagnosis tool at HASS did indicate an error related to MAP sensor. May be there is an issue with the sensor as well.

Next step is to replace the battery and then take the car to HASS and check if the error still exists. If yes, will get the MAP sensor replaced.
I would also suggest to get the alternator checked, a new healthy battery may solve the issue temporarily, if your alternator is not doing its best job then the battery health will go down soon. Alternators have wear and tear parts which could deteriorate with the usage!
Naveen_0181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BHPian Lordofgondor missing - Please help akshay4587 Shifting gears 33 17th April 2018 01:13
Weird engine problem in Bajaj CT 100, please help! rajivanoj Motorbikes 12 15th June 2012 13:39
Opel Corsa Sail 1.4 Engine heating problem. Please Help! stevie Technical Stuff 15 20th January 2010 00:59
Engine Missing problem with Indica V2 LSi(Petrol) aavi Technical Stuff 7 12th November 2008 17:15
Santro Engine Missing Problem coolmob Technical Stuff 6 19th November 2007 09:04


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:35.

Copyright 2000 - 2018, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks