Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 21st November 2007, 11:13   #196
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqueguru View Post
K&N Typhoon fitted into Cedia Sport.

Notable increase in surge, specially after 3000rpm. Also quicker off the blocks. No notable increase in mileage.
Great point made by GSHA about MHP!!!! Another satisfied customer here!
Hey Torqueguru, I am considering a K&N intake for my Cedia too. I am yet to finalize the exact filter to use. Please share your conversion experience for our benefit:

1. What part number / model of K&N Filter did you install?
2. Where did you get the job done?
3. What were the parts removed from your car (older filter, pipes, intake shroud)?
4. How much did you pay for the whole job (total cost of conversion)?

It would be great if you can post a picture of the conversion.
GSHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2007, 12:09   #197
BHPian

HI Guys
I am using Ractive SF100 Conical air filter in my Santro xing 2007 make for the past 5 mths & it has a SS piping to it
I just wanted to know if you get any sort of covers for these conical filters as I heard that in the rains if the water seeps into the air filter the car would have some problems????
Pl help on this
What are the things I could avoid to do so

Chao
cancerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2007, 11:51   #198
BHPian

That's some huge amount of information on these K & N filters. Thanks Rudra for referring me to this thread!!
manish7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2007, 10:24   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSHA View Post
Hey Torqueguru, I am considering a K&N intake for my Cedia too. I am yet to finalize the exact filter to use. Please share your conversion experience for our benefit:

1. What part number / model of K&N Filter did you install?
2. Where did you get the job done?
3. What were the parts removed from your car (older filter, pipes, intake shroud)?
4. How much did you pay for the whole job (total cost of conversion)?

It would be great if you can post a picture of the conversion.
GSHA, I installed a Typhoon Short Ram intake exclusively for Cedia. Got it done at Cochin. Old filter and pipe was removed. It cost me 17k. I will post a pic soon.
Torqueguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2007, 19:18   #200
BHPian

Here are the pics

Old 20th December 2007, 12:30   #201
BHPian

HI Guys
Pl let me know which is the best palce in Mumbai to purchase a K & N Filter as I want a stck repalcement filter for OHC 1.5 EXI & also pl let me know the cost of the same.
Rgds
Mustafa

Mods : If this query is ansd before Pl merge the same with it.
cancerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2007, 14:22   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Here are the pics

Hey Torqueguru... I observe that the filter is mounted right above the engine, which, probably is one of the hot areas.

How do you find the performance on long runs (high speed highway runs)? Once the engine is hot hot, do you find drop in low end performance?
GSHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2007, 14:59   #203
BHPian

Not to a noticable extend, though there must be a slight drop actually..I too am planning to extend the pipe to a colder area.....problem is, where!?
Old 20th December 2007, 16:19   #204
BHPian

Lightbulb

hi all

even i am lookin to fit a K&N filter in my baleno . i have LPG fitted in my car. which one should i use a stock or the universal type filter .
abhishek_rait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2007, 17:04   #205
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Not to a noticable extend, though there must be a slight drop actually..I too am planning to extend the pipe to a colder area.....problem is, where!?
i have a slightly stupid suggestion. why not try and exchange it for a k&n apollo cold air intake or a green storm. these are much better and your engine gets cold air.
Akshay1234 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2007, 17:05   #206
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek_rait View Post
hi all

even i am lookin to fit a K&N filter in my baleno . i have LPG fitted in my car. which one should i use a stock or the universal type filter .
universal is much better than a stock replacement. get a conical.
Akshay1234 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2007, 17:13   #207
Senior - BHPian

The advantage with stock is that it does not require any modification. I would recommend to try K&N to see if you like it before venturing into it.

I am using a stock replacement filter. The pros are improved driveability and marginal increase in pickup. Cons are noise and slight harshness. I would recommend it.
PatienceWins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2007, 21:26   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
i have a slightly stupid suggestion. why not try and exchange it for a k&n apollo cold air intake or a green storm. these are much better and your engine gets cold air.
Is it available here? If so any idea about the cost? Actually i am pretty satisfied with the performance of the short ram intake as of now, but i wouldnt mind an upgrade later on...

I have one more alternative, can i fix a longer pipe( custom made if needed) and direct the filter intake to another part within the bay, where air is colder? Also will colder air really contribute to a noticable increase in performance?
(Since i cant find dyno anywhere in bangalore to check it out for real)

With the k&N, what i actually feel for sure and noticably, is more of MBHP ( Mental BHP) hehehe
Old 20th December 2007, 21:59   #209
BHPian

Hi,

I Had given the car for a full body wash . i have a k & n conical filter with the pipes fitted to my Red swift . i had told them to cover the k & n filter and then wash the engine, but once the wash was done the k & n filter has shrunk in the middle, you can say it been squeezed in the middle . Wanted to know if i have to replace them or is it normal . If it is normal does it harm the performance. i Can feel the sound of the car is reduced before the wash. please advice
viper316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2007, 17:31   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper316 View Post
Hi,

I Had given the car for a full body wash . i have a k & n conical filter with the pipes fitted to my Red swift . i had told them to cover the k & n filter and then wash the engine, but once the wash was done the k & n filter has shrunk in the middle, you can say it been squeezed in the middle . Wanted to know if i have to replace them or is it normal . If it is normal does it harm the performance. i Can feel the sound of the car is reduced before the wash. please advice
Looks like they have damaged the filter. Replace it or risk permanent damage to the engine
filcord is offline   Reply With Quote