Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 9th February 2014, 17:29   #136
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Skoda Yeti. 4.5 lakh repair bill! EDIT: Fuel system replaced under warranty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catamaran View Post
The dealer has ordered all parts and it seems that except for the high pressure pump all other parts are readily available in india. The HP pump has to come from Europe. I think they are changing the injectors, fuel pump and related things connected to the fuel system, will have to get the confirmation though.

Hopefully will get the car in max two weeks time. May be I will have to bear the cost of filters, oil and miscellaneous which we have agreed.

Regards
Saw your car @ Marikar a few weeks back - whats the scene now? I must say they did a good job with my a/c compressor - they had it in stock, did the work on priority.
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2014, 20:17   #137
BHPian

Hi Steer

Marikar has got all the parts and is currently doing the works. According to them should be ready by end of this week. My brother is going to collect the car. Will keep the thread updated on the outcome regarding the job quality and other financial burdens on me after warranty.

Regards.
Catamaran is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2014, 10:22   #138
BHPian

Default re: Skoda Yeti. 4.5 lakh repair bill! EDIT: Fuel system replaced under warranty

Quote:
Hi Steer

Marikar has got all the parts and is currently doing the works. According to them should be ready by end of this week. My brother is going to collect the car. Will keep the thread updated on the outcome regarding the job quality and other financial burdens on me after warranty.

Regards.
Catamaran,

did you get the yethi back ? and how is it doing ? And how was skoda marikar..earlier people used to avoid taking a skoda due to the "infamous" service of Marikar motors..glad to hear that they are at-least taking a turn for the better..looking forward to your post regarding the position of the car and the warranty terms and all ..
Turbo car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2014, 11:58   #139
BHPian

2 Skoda octavias too had the water in the fuel injection system issue in bangalore recently! I guess one of it was on the thread too. After reading this thread, my genuine doubt is - is skoda having an issue with coolant leaks, may be a component of their Euro 4- cooled EGR system might be eating into the coolant? My pure guess though.
Fuel adulteration seems to be the convenient choice of an insured reply, no body knows if it existed - nor the dealer, nor the tank lorry driver who unloaded it nor the filling officer in the POL terminal who filled the tanker lorry, and nor the customer! Its a blind mans land, free to blame!
gopa99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2014, 22:39   #140
BHPian

Got the car back today after the replacement of complete fuel system. Skoda has honoured the warranty except for few pipes, which they asked me to pay. Do not know why these are not covered. Anyway we did agree to this as this was already conveyed to us when they discussed on repairing the car under warranty.

Cost me approx 35,000 Rs, out of which around 3500 for labour for replacing the pipes, around 4000 for new oil which was replaced on my request and approx 1000 rs of diesel. balance is for the parts.

The Car's auto dimming rear view mirrors are not working now. The service advisor told about possible problem with coding and asked to take the car back tomorrow. Otherwise the car is fine as of now. Will drive for couple of 100 kms and then only can tell whether everything is perfect. Anyway so far so good.

Appreciate Skoda India for providing the warranty even though it was after lot of Emails and Discussions. Marikar Skoda Kochi has been courteous and has done a good job so far..Happy to see the car back on road and hope it stays problem free.

Meanwhile I have replaced my Nissan Murano here in Dubai and went for a 2014 Ford Flex. Although VW Toureg was the front runner, ultimately decided not to go for another car from VW stable. The flex is unique, very few in Dubai and with lot of space, clearly a family drive for weekends.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Yeti. 4.5 lakh repair bill! EDIT: Fuel system replaced under warranty-dsc_0003.jpg  

Last edited by Catamaran : 17th February 2014 at 23:04.
Catamaran is offline   (11) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2014, 07:47   #141
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Cost me approx 35,000 Rs, out of which around 3500 for labour for replacing the pipes, around 4000 for new oil which was replaced on my request and approx 1000 rs of diesel. balance is for the parts.
What was the total cost involved? Any bill that you been given with the details of the work done?

What 'pipes' are these btw?

Quote:
The Car's auto dimming rear view mirrors are not working now.
These guys can't get things right on the first attempt is it? They must fiddle with the car and is internals! Why on earth did they touch the IRVM when it was fine while handing over the car. I guess they want to keep the customer with them ask time or the customers car.

Quote:
Meanwhile I have replaced my Nissan Murano here in Dubai and went for a 2014 Ford Flex. Although VW Toureg was the front runner, ultimately decided not to go for another car from VW stable.
Does show your frustration and mental tiredness for the whole Skoda issues that you went through. Good that you didn't go ahead with the VW but I guess they ain't that bad.

Hearty Congratulations for the Ford Flex. Waiting for the ownership report. Have a long and reliable journey and 'Flex' its muscles as you crunch miles on it.

Anurag.
a4anurag is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2014, 14:41   #142
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Got the car back today after the replacement of complete fuel system. Skoda has honoured the warranty except for few pipes, which they asked me to pay....
That's some good news finally. Skoda could waive off 4.2L but could NOT pay another 30K??!! They missed the chance for a great customer experience with that paltry sum! They seriously need to take the customer experience to a stunning level by doing these micro bits.

On another note, the ONLY reason I can think of Skoda giving a 4.2L (420K) warranty coverage is their obsession with the figure "420".

Quote:
...Meanwhile I have replaced my Nissan Murano here in Dubai and went for a 2014 Ford Flex...
Nice looking car - Kind of strange that "Ford" logo is missing on the grill.
swiftnfurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2014, 16:38   #143
BHPian

The car is up and running finally without any issue. Marikar team has done a good job and the car feels same as before. Thanks to the service Manager and and all the support staff. They have been courteous all through the process.

After the initial period of warranty negotiations, The kind of response received from Skoda was also very encouraging. They were updating the status of parts ordering, transit time, receipt, status of work on the car etc to my brother. Special thanks to Mr. Shakeel from Skoda India who was communicating with us through out. I don't want to complain on the 35K I have spend as it was already agreed. The cost is for changing some of the piping about 20K and balance for som labour, engine oil and diesel.

Thanks to all BHPians who supported throughout. Special thanks to Shankar for his efforts. Request Mods to change the thread title or even close the same if appropriate.

Regards
Catamaran is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2014, 17:01   #144
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Skoda Yeti. 4.5 lakh repair bill! EDIT: Fuel system replaced under warranty

I am happy that you are happy.

But, I will still summarize the case as "Rs.30,000 damage to the pocket for (supposedly) filling in poor quality diesel once upon a a time".

Do you have the invoice for this 30K showing which parts they changed and charged you?
anandpadhye is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2014, 19:10   #145
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Skoda Yeti. 4.5 lakh repair bill! EDIT: Fuel system replaced under warranty

BossMan
Happy to help when possible. Glad that its worked out for you overall.
Hope you have a peaceful time with that lovely Yeti.
Cant help loving that car. It is such a delight to drive every day.
God bless and lets wish you the best for many many fuss free, trouble free, safe and happy miles ahead!
Cheers

Quote:
Special thanks to Shankar for his efforts. Request Mods to change the thread title or even close the same if appropriate.

Regards
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2014, 19:39   #146
BHPian

Quote:
The car is up and running finally without any issue. Marikar team has done a good job and the car feels same as before. Thanks to the service Manager and and all the support staff. They have been courteous all through Regards
It is great news that the issue has been resolved to your satisfaction. We should appreciate Skoda India for bearing the huge repair bill. I am sure Skoda might have kept a watchful eye on this thread.

By the way this incident is a reminder to all companies. Though finally Skoda agreed to pay up the repair bill, you lost the confidence on it's sister brand and chose a different brand. Once trust is broken, rebuilding it is very difficult.
MaxTorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2014, 20:45   #147
BHPian

Thanks to all, it was a tough decision buying a car here in Dubai because of the kind of choice you have. Toureg was considered till last moment. I did not consider the Japanese brands as I was driving the Nissan for the last 6 years. After issue with Yeti, I lost interest in Toureg. Went to book the ford explorer, however signed for Flex after the brief test drive. Flex is very uncommon here and people stair at you in traffic. Perhaps because of the boxy shape and length of around 5.2 Mtrs. I thoroughly enjoy the car. It's got enough space for 7, even the third row is spacious, decent power of 287 bhp v6 engine, a very quite cabin and loads of features. You do not feel like driving a big car. My family also loves it. Between here cars are cheap, price is not comparable with Indian prices. Attaching some more photos.

My friends teases me for taking car which is rare on roads, first the yeti and now Flex. Also the yeti is too small lengthwise and this is too long. Something in between would be ideal...

Thanks
Attached Images

Catamaran is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2014, 23:38   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks to all, it was a tough decision buying a car here in Dubai because of the kind of choice you have. Toureg was considered till last moment. I did not consider the Japanese brands as I was driving the Nissan for the last 6 years. After issue with Yeti, I lost interest in Toureg. Went to book the ford explorer, however signed for Flex after the brief test drive. Flex is very uncommon here and people stair at you in traffic. Perhaps because of the boxy shape and length of around 5.2 Mtrs. I thoroughly enjoy the car. It's got enough space for 7, even the third row is spacious, decent power of 287 bhp v6 engine, a very quite cabin and loads of features. You do not feel like driving a big car. My family also loves it. Between here cars are cheap, price is not comparable with Indian prices. Attaching some more photos.

My friends teases me for taking car which is rare on roads, first the yeti and now Flex. Also the yeti is too small lengthwise and this is too long. Something in between would be ideal...

Thanks
My God, you bought a long wheel based 'Yeti' again, only this time, its American snowman.
iTNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2014, 10:54   #149
Senior - BHPian

The Flex actually looks inspired by one of those land/range rovers. Ford used to own those two a while back, didn't it. Also the dashboard is placed quite low and not in your face, which gives the driver an awesome view of the bonnet as well as the surrounding, a great seating arrangement.

As for the Yeti, it does seem that there are is leakage of coolant or some other parts issue, which is promptly sought to be covered up as fuel adulteration. It is very good that in this case they helped out the customer in a genuine fashion, but the randomness of this gesture is highly troubling since folks seem to be forced to post their grievances online before the company wakes up to their plight and tenders their selective blessings.
lurker is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote