Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 28th June 2006, 18:26   #1
bpm

Default GETZ Accident Info

Hi guys...am new here... just wanted some specific spares info...

i met with an accident in my getz ...wanted some clarifications on the percentage that the insurance company will pay for these particular parts...(car is one yr old)

1. Radiator Assembly -
2. Motor-Radiator Cooling Fan -
3. Supt Assembly Front Bumper Up -
4. Lamp Assy-Head -

please lemme know asap guys...any info will be appreciated...

booo hooo...i am brokeeeeee :(
bpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2006, 09:51   #2
BHPian

Thumbs up Hi

Generally the rebate is 10 to 15% on metal parts and upto 50% on plastics.Now if the radiator is included ion plastics ypu will have to pay upto 50% of its cost and if you are lucky then it gets included in the metal parts it will cost you only 10% of its cost.Glass is at 50% as far as I know . Hope this helped you.
anky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2006, 10:06   #3
bpm

thanks a ton for the reply mate...

does anyone know, whether the getz radiator falls into the metal or plastics catagory...

thanks.
bpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2006, 10:23   #4
Team-BHP Support

1. Radiator Assembly - A bit complicated this one. If the mounting brackets etc. are made of plastic (which most of todays cars have), then 50%

2. Motor-Radiator Cooling Fan - THis is plastic, so only 50%

3. Supt Assembly Front Bumper Up - Again, if this is plastic, 50%

4. Lamp Assy-Head - 50%!

Basically, any plastic or part plastic component means you pay 50% and the insrance pays 50%. For metal parts, they pay 90% you pay 10% (depreciation).
Rtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2006, 12:08   #5
BHPian

hi bpm,

my getz too met with an head-on accident last year, and suffered almost similar damages as yours + bonnet and side fender. The parts you mentioned all fall under platics category and you'd have to pay 50% of those. Tough luck mate.

\N
ntomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2006, 23:42   #6
BHPian

hi there,,
if the car is one year and one day old, means u have got ur insurance renued once, then u will have to pay 15% on the metal parts,, plastic is always 50% no matter how old ur car is, glass u will get the full amount from the insurance but u will have to pay for the rubber bedding and the selent kit,, and radiator is coverd in the insurance, u will not have to pay anything on that,,

u will hav eto pay another Rs 500/- as a clause charge,, for a car of more than 1500cc it is Rs 1000/-

the insurance does not cover the nuts and bolts used in the car but they pay all the service tax and allied taxes,,

i know some workshops charging more for the same u can challange them and i will glad to support u,, i have all the details on paper, as all the insurance companies are goverened by this single government body,,
regards,,
driven

Quote:
Originally Posted by anky
Generally the rebate is 10 to 15% on metal parts and upto 50% on plastics.Now if the radiator is included ion plastics ypu will have to pay upto 50% of its cost and if you are lucky then it gets included in the metal parts it will cost you only 10% of its cost.Glass is at 50% as far as I know . Hope this helped you.
Driven is offline   Reply With Quote