Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 13th February 2014, 14:30   #16
Default Re: Drove my car through Salt water. Now what?

Basically a good wash to remove all the salt water. Dry it properly after that. Wherever salt water can enter a pressure wash should get in as well. Salt water does corrode faster than regular water so good wash and then drying is key
pganapathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2014, 16:15   #17
Senior - BHPian

Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Won't the salt that is stuck after the water evaporates corrode the body due to its power and concentrating which is strong when dry.

I may be wrong. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Dry salt does not have much detrimental effect on metal. And will the salt remain stuck to the metal once dried ? I don't think so. Indian roads don't allow that to happen. It will get shaken off the metal surface. Besides manufacturers apply anti corrosion coating to the base metal and more on the under body.
sagarpadaki is online now   Reply With Quote