Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 5th November 2016, 12:45   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Buying a Towing Rope

No... Because then you get DIY rear ending (my expression might catch on!) using a hard narrow object, which would be much worse.
Thad E Ginathom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2016, 17:42   #32
Senior - BHPian

The rope on both sides could prevent that, couldn't it? Maybe a foot and a half on either side...

Reminds me of a joke we used to tell each other:
Upon seeing two trucks, one towing the other using a piece of rope, Santa said to Santa: Look at those idiots! Two trucks to carry a small piece of rope!

And on a road trip to Solapur many years ago when we drove past two trucks parked by the roadside, my brother could not help but quip: See, they are busy searching for a piece of rope to carry!
honeybee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2016, 20:22   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
The rope on both sides could prevent that, couldn't it? Maybe a foot and a half on either side...
A new guy moves into the village. Whenever he goes out, he takes a piece of string with him, and drags it on the ground behind him. Everybody notices, but for a while, nobody actually says anything.

Eventually, the curiosity gets too much for one youngster, who asks the guy, straight out. "Why do you always pull a piece of string?"

The guy replies, "Have you ever tried pushing one?"
And there, in one of my favourite jokes, is your answer. Adding a steel tube to the string just adds danger. Visualise what happens when the towing vehicle brakes sharply.
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote