Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2014, 18:47   #76
BHPian

re: A lemon, my defective Maruti Kizashi. EDIT: Fed up & SOLD

The meeting has been postponed to Monday since people for Maruti are also going to come to solve the issue. It seems that my matter has been escalated to a much higher level than the dealer. Took a test drive again today and confirmed that the problem has been minimised but not solve. The steering still looses feel on bad roads with the tak tak noise coming at much lower level than before. They have returned the car to me for the time being with the job card still open stating under observation as I had to reach somewhere and was getting late. The memory seat switch has been ordered and will be fitted by Tuesday.

The customer car manager stated that all my problems will be solved by Monday.
Old 6th April 2014, 15:58   #77
BHPian

Uploaded a video of the sound coming from the steering rack. Took a video of the dzire also for comparison. The sound is more than what is being heard in the video.

After overhaul the sound is reduced but is still present as can be seen and heard in the video. The steering looses feel and vibrates on bad roads.

Last edited by rockporiom : 6th April 2014 at 16:02.
Old 6th April 2014, 16:25   #78
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockporiom View Post
The meeting has been postponed to Monday since people for Maruti are also going to come to solve the issue. It seems that my matter has been escalated to a much higher level than the dealer. Took a test drive again today and confirmed that the problem has been minimised but not solve. The steering still looses feel on bad roads with the tak tak noise coming at much lower level than before. They have returned the car to me for the time being with the job card still open stating under observation as I had to reach somewhere and was getting late. The memory seat switch has been ordered and will be fitted by Tuesday.

The customer car manager stated that all my problems will be solved by Monday.
Good that the matter has been escalated to a higher level than it the dealer and guys are coming down to solve your issue is pretty good enough. I like their attitude to solve issues at the earliest.

Fingers crossed so that you are having a smile on your face every time you drive the Kizashi and every time you hold the keys.

All the best and keep the thread updated.

Quote:
THE MILLION DOLLAR QUESTIONS

1) Why does my car have a 2011 sale date? Was it sold to someone and then sold to me? I have an invoice of 2013.

2) Why are all the noises coming from the left side? Had it had an accident in the past before being given to me?

3) what are my legal options? will the discounts(~3/4 lakhs) offered at the time of sale workout against me?

4) what is the point of warranty if it is honored only at a specific dealer.

5) Am I over reacting and is it possible that imported cars have such problems because they are not suitable for Indian conditions?
1. Did you not check the VIN before signing the document? Why has it taken you so long to realize that the sale deed says 2011 and not 2013? Didn't you check the papers and RC Book?

2. How does the under-belly or the underneath of he car look like?

3. It could work against you but think and work patiently rather than jumping to the courts. Matters dealt in smile will work a mile!

4. Contact Maruti Head Office for the need of warranty or extension.

5. It is OK to have problems in a car but it CANNOT be written saying it is normal as the car is not designed for Indian environment. Be cool and calm with the dealings you have, no point in making noises and spoiling the issue.

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 6th April 2014 at 16:36.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2014, 16:45   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Good that the matter has been escalated to a higher level than it the dealer and guys are coming down to solve your issue is pretty good enough. I like their attitude to solve issues at the earliest.

Fingers crossed so that you are having a smile on your face every time you drive the Kizashi and every time you hold the keys.

All the best and keep the thread updated.

1. Did you not check the VIN before signing the document? Why has it taken you so long to realize that the sale deed says 2011 and not 2013? Didn't you check the papers and RC Book?

2. How does the under-belly or the underneath of he car look like?

3. It could work against you but think and work patiently rather than jumping to the courts. Matters dealt in smile will work a mile!

4. Contact Maruti Head Office for the need of warranty or extension.

5. It is OK to have problems in a car but it CANNOT be written saying it is normal as the car is not designed for Indian environment. Be cool and calm with the dealings you have, no point in making noises and spoiling the issue.

Anurag.
No, I hadn't checked the underbelly of the car as I never check it when I am buying a new car but have seen the underbelly in the 1st service and didn't find anything unusual. I also checked the chassis when the removed the bumper. No signs of any welding or typical accident signs. The Invoice shows 18-03-2013. But their DMS shows 30-06-2011.
Old 7th April 2014, 15:51   #80
gemi_kk

Quote:
Originally Posted by umvarma View Post
Hi Rockporiom,
All the best for your meeting. I have one suggestion for you. Please demand all the facts regarding the history of the vehicle. If it was a demo car or used by someone, it would have been registered to someone before getting the ownership transferred to your name. If I am in your position, I will independently inquire these things with the RTA as well.
+what Varma has said.
- Stay calm and try to be a lot serious. Do not talk for the fist couple of seconds. This should make the environment hotter.
- Any Coffee tea requests? Say no. Ask them to come to the point (Say it seriously)
- Talk Less. Let them do all the talking. you stay serious and talk only when it is required.
- Be prepared to hear the worst.
- Be like Sarkar. This works often.
  (7) Thanks
Old 8th April 2014, 09:17   #81
BHPian

Sorry guys for no updates. The meeting was postponed once by them on saturday and on monday by me. They have called me today for the meeting. The steering rack has failed again just in 25 kms of overhaul. As I had expected overhaul wouldn't do it and replacement is required. They tried a lot to convince me that the steering is ok and it is like that only but the above video has shut their mouth. I have sent the same to the territory service manager.

Hoping for the best today
rockporiom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th April 2014, 11:49   #82

Hi Rockporiom
The play in the steering and the noise could be from the collapsible steering column and may not be from the rack.I had a similar problem in my 2007 BMW 325i,which I figured out later in Bimmerpost forum that there was a TSB (Service Bulletin) from BMW for a service recall which was not applicable in India.
Old 8th April 2014, 11:51   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemi_kk View Post
- Be like Sarkar. This works often.
Hahaha!

Really liked your post! especially the Sarkar point.

Some useful advise hidden in there.

Cheerzzz
Sisu is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2014, 13:57   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.ashoka View Post
Hi Rockporiom
The play in the steering and the noise could be from the collapsible steering column and may not be from the rack.I had a similar problem in my 2007 BMW 325i,which I figured out later in Bimmerpost forum that there was a TSB (Service Bulletin) from BMW for a service recall which was not applicable in India.
I am sure it is steering rack play because the whole rod can be moved with your hand on full lock. I can feel the movement when I pull and push the rod from outside the car near the wheel.
Old 8th April 2014, 18:05   #85

I guess your problem is different.I just thought I would share my experience with you about my earlier car,BMW 325i,and this had HPS.MY present car which is a 2011 BMW 320d has a EPS and this model also has an issue with the steering.It keeps making a grinding noise every now and then on rough roads and when I contacted the service dept where I know people they told me it is a noise from the EPS motor and rack.Nothing could be done about this as BMW had instructed them not to attend this problem either under warranty or paid service as they decided that the roads in Chennai are rough.By the way the EPS steering rack for BMW 3 series costs about 1,73,000/-
Since I knew people in the service dept they changed the EPS from an accident damaged car for testing and I found the same noise.
Car companies suck big time in India.We as customers have to bear the brunt or keep fighting for our rights.
All the best!!
Old 8th April 2014, 18:50   #86
BHPian

Looks like my car isn't going to stop failing anytime soon.

Firstly, the meeting has been postponed now for the third time and they haven't specified a date this time.

The steering rack has started making noise again and the car will be going to the service center again tomorrow.

Now, for another bomb. Thought of driving the car a bit so entered the car and pressed the button the car cranks slowly and I get service start system error. Took the car this time to a FNG who within 3 minutes of taking readings told me that the Alternator regulator is toast and needs replacing. Called up the service center who told me not to show the car anywhere and he will check the car tomorrow for alternator problem.

This is the reading he got

14.7 volts at idle

The FNG being well known to me told me to avoid driving the car as it can blow up the electrical's. According to him the reading shouldn't cross 14.5 V at idle.

Is the reading too high. Sometimes the horn tone does fluctuate and the lights also fluctuate on basis of accelerator input but the MASS told me it is normal.

Last edited by rockporiom : 8th April 2014 at 19:00.
Old 8th April 2014, 20:17   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Is the reading too high. Sometimes the horn tone does fluctuate and the lights also fluctuate on basis of accelerator input but the MASS told me it is normal.
No its not normal at all!
Please sell off this car and buy a new Kizashi if you want or a preowned one.
But sell it.This car will keep giving you trouble.
Regarding the fluctuation,have you ever noticed such a phenomena in your Dzire or any other modern car?
These things should'nt happen in a modern 20 lakh + car!
dean5545 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th April 2014, 20:31   #88
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Sometimes the horn tone does fluctuate and the lights also fluctuate on basis of accelerator input but the MASS told me it is normal.
It's a freakin' 18 lakh rupee car, not a Bajaj Chetak for god's sake, whose lights & horn would dim everytime you let go of the accelerator! This is absolutely not normal. I am shocked they even have the audacity to try to pass this off as normal.
Dry Ice is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th April 2014, 21:32   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
No its not normal at all!
Please sell off this car and buy a new Kizashi if you want or a preowned one.
But sell it.This car will keep giving you trouble.
Regarding the fluctuation,have you ever noticed such a phenomena in your Dzire or any other modern car?
These things should'nt happen in a modern 20 lakh + car!
I have noticed in the dzire but it is at a very small scale almost unnoticeable but its clearly visible in the kizashi.

The FNG even went to the extent of telling me that the car can also catch fire if the problem is not solved. After he said that I have locked the car and kept it in the parking. Selling the car is very difficult as I mentioned earlier.

The customer care manager told that he will take reading and decide. The memory seat switch has been ordered today. I am absolutely fed up

I forgot to mention that when the error came earlier they just cleared the error code and returned the back without doing anything. After that the error crops up randomly on start up only. The starter has also got jammed once and has made a grinding noise with the error showing up but they don't believe me as there is no error code registered.

Last edited by rockporiom : 8th April 2014 at 21:34.
Old 8th April 2014, 21:42   #90
BHPian

Quote:
I have noticed in the dzire but it is at a very small scale almost unnoticeable but its clearly visible in the kizashi.

The FNG even went to the extent of telling me that the car can also catch fire if the problem is not solved. After he said that I have locked the car and kept it in the parking. Selling the car is very difficult as I mentioned earlier.

The customer care manager told that he will take reading and decide. The memory seat switch has been ordered today. I am absolutely fed up

I forgot to mention that when the error came earlier they just cleared the error code and returned the back without doing anything. After that the error crops up randomly on start up only. The starter has also got jammed once and has made a grinding noise with the error showing up but they don't believe me as there is no error code registered.
Please get the starter motor fixed ASAP. We delayed the repair of the motor in my friends Thar. This led to breakage of the fly wheel outer gear and left the car immobile for a week.

OT:
About catching fire:
Just read an FB post about a new Thar catching fire and burning a zen too. The Thar was not even registered!
dean5545 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed