Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2014, 10:57   #166
Senior - BHPian
 
IshaanIan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Hyd/B'lore
Posts: 2,431
Thanked: 3,131 Times
Default re: A lemon, my defective Maruti Kizashi. EDIT: Fed up & SOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepfusion View Post
Have been following this thread closely, since am getting a very good deal on a 5000 kms run kizashi.
As a satisfied owner: BE VERY CAREFUL. My car has given me minimal problems and luckily for me, the service center I go to, has also been extremely nice (don't think I will find the service I receive, anywhere else). A car that has done only 5k kms seems like one that might be plagued with issues unless it was driven regularly.

The car is reliable, the car is a blast to drive, surprisingly comfy and gets looks wherever you go. However, most service centers are not equipped to deal with the Kizashi and most Kizashis on road today, have not received enough tender loving care, so do beware.

Parts are not an issue. I have never had to wait indefinitely for anything. If it is stocked in gurgaon it takes a maximum of 3 days for an order to arrive and if not, it takes not more than a fortnight to come from Japan. They are expensive though. In the end, be careful with what you buy because the odds will be against you; You will most probably find a poor example of one. The dealerships and service centers in your town will most probably be ill-equiped at handling the car if it has problems, and you will, most probably, thus have to spend stratospheric amounts of money.
IshaanIan is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2014, 12:38   #167
BHPian
 
TB16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 144
Thanked: 32 Times
Default re: A lemon, my defective Maruti Kizashi. EDIT: Fed up & SOLD

I agree with ishaan. the availability of spare parts wont be an issue.

My experience with the car has been a great one. The car has been absolutely niggle-free (touchwood) for these past 1.5 years. The only time i had to spent money on the car was when i accidentally ran over a huge rock which damaged an underbody plastic plate cover. The cover costed me 1700 and was available with the service centre (okhla, new delhi) within 2 working days. Hence spare parts wont be a problem.

Coming back to the car which you are looking to buy, i suggest you to take a look at its service records for signs of any major repairs or replacement. That should ring alarm bells. Other than that take a couple of long test drives to understand how the car feels and drives. If anything looks unusual, walk away.

All the best.
TB16 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2014, 04:26   #168
BHPian
 
rockporiom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: GJ-01/Toronto
Posts: 720
Thanked: 760 Times
Default re: A lemon, my defective Maruti Kizashi. EDIT: Fed up & SOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
Considering the way the first ASC treated this customer and the fact that no action was really taken against them for their attitude, I wouldn't give any marks to Maruti on this one considering how long the issue went unresolved for one of their flagship models.

Nanda Automobiles seems to have a good customer-first attitude which probably helped in this case but I don't think that has anything to do with the way Maruti operates. If the bad dealers are still allowed to continue by Maruti, the credit should go to those individual dealers for being customer-focused more than Maruti since there is nothing Maruti can really do even if a dealer is behaving quite unreasonably.

Luckily for us, there are multiple Maruti dealers even in smaller towns and the chances are that at least one of them would have a decent attitude towards customers. That's how Maruti has been surviving on the after sales and service without black marks. Moreover, with MGP being available for FNGs, even the owners get a second opinion or third opinion for non-warranty related works.


+1000000 mate you spoke my mind your words are exactly what I wanted to say. Maruti has started to be lenient with the big dealers. i was told by a person in a Maruti ASC that small dealers are under constant scan by Maruti because of the low stock they keep but when it comes to big dealers like kiran who at any point of time have 3000 cars with them they are quiet lenient.



Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
As a satisfied owner: BE VERY CAREFUL. My car has given me minimal problems and luckily for me, the service center I go to, has also been extremely nice (don't think I will find the service I receive, anywhere else).
Well said Ishan I suggest any buyer should first check the service center's capabilities and the avg. service cost per service before signing the dotted line.

The basic advice is BE CAUTIOUS.

Last edited by rockporiom : 21st July 2014 at 04:29.
rockporiom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2014, 03:12   #169
BHPian
 
rockporiom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: GJ-01/Toronto
Posts: 720
Thanked: 760 Times
Default re: A lemon, my defective Maruti Kizashi. EDIT: Fed up & SOLD

Hey guys thought I'd update the thread. The car is fine after all the repairs but I am planning to get the clutch replaced. My dad after his recent accident is not comfortable with the clutch. I was warned by the WM(Nanda) in the first place that the clutch would be usable but hard as the teeth on the pressure plate have become hard due to lying in the godown for a long time . After lot of thinking I am planning to get it done as it is dad's comfort that matters right now. To be honest, the clutch is far better than what it was but it is not what you would call butter smooth and requires some effort. It's okay for me but for a 50 year old person with a damaged ankle not so much so.

Got an estimate of Rs. 15000 with labor from Nanda for replacing the clutch disc and pressure plate(which is quiet reasonable considering just a single strut without the kit costs 10k). Now my question is should I also change the flywheel? The WM says that the flywheel need not be replaced. Also, I am in talks with Kiran(not visiting them, just in talks) if it can be covered by them because it is a problem since day one. The WM of kiran has called me tomorrow for a test drive with him as he wants to check the clutch for himself. On the phone he was convinced that it is a day one issue.

I have conveyed that the car won't be entering his service center to which he agreed. He also stated that if he feels there is an issue he would supply the part to Nanda and the repairs would be done there.


The breakdown for parts is

clutch disc: 8200
pressure plate: 5000
Labor: 1800

Strangely the pressure plate cannot be ordered separately so both need to be changed together.

Last edited by rockporiom : 25th July 2014 at 03:21.
rockporiom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2014, 06:11   #170
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: India
Posts: 9,357
Thanked: 13,311 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockporiom View Post
Now my question is should I also change the flywheel? The WM says that the flywheel need not be replaced.

Strangely the pressure plate cannot be ordered separately so both need to be changed together.
IMO & IIRC, if and when the clutch set is changed, it is good of the fly wheel is changed too.

It is good for both the transmission as well as the engine heme changing all at a time will keep you at peace and the car too though the cost would be a bit higher but it is a single one time investment.

Surprising that the parts can't be ordered separately, this is the reason may be.

OT,

Since you say the problem it is from day 1, why not do it under warranty, IF it exists?

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 25th July 2014 at 06:12.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2014, 13:12   #171
BHPian
 
rockporiom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: GJ-01/Toronto
Posts: 720
Thanked: 760 Times
Default re: A lemon, my defective Maruti Kizashi. EDIT: Fed up & SOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
OT,

Since you say the problem it is from day 1, why not do it under warranty, IF it exists?

Anurag.
I mentioned in the post that because it was a day 1 problem I talked to kiran motors to get it done in warranty and is the very reason I am allowing the GM to take a drive of the car. To be frank I am so fed up with them that I am not in a mood to argue and spoil the fun that I am having with my car currently.

Last edited by Technocrat : 26th July 2014 at 01:55. Reason: Typo corrected as requested. Thanks
rockporiom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2014, 00:48   #172
BHPian
 
rockporiom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: GJ-01/Toronto
Posts: 720
Thanked: 760 Times
Default re: A lemon, my defective Maruti Kizashi. EDIT: Fed up & SOLD

Hey guys

*UPDATE*

Took the car to Kiran for giving the GM a drive. He drove the car and as expected he said that he didn't feel any problem. But after my persisting he asked for 10 days to check the clutch of another MT kizashi for comparison and then he would decide further course of action.

I am also looking for a good deal on Michelin tires will update as and when things happen.

Also, FE just improved by leaps and bounds

Got 400 kms from half tank of petrol which is around 30 liters.
That equates to 13.33 i.e in city with 100% A/c sometimes standing for 15-20 mins with the aircon on

Also noticed that the MID shows lower average fuel economy than you are actually getting(by about 1-1.5 km/l). would request other Kizashi owners to confirm.

Last edited by rockporiom : 26th July 2014 at 01:05.
rockporiom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2014, 10:36   #173
BHPian
 
TB16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 144
Thanked: 32 Times
Default

Mine has been giving me around 11-11.5 consistently over the past 6 months. This is after the first service in january when the engine oil was changed to synthetic from mineral. This is the MID figures (no idea about the tankfull to tankfull figures) with 100% AC and 50-50 highway and city.
TB16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2014, 14:26   #174
BHPian
 
rockporiom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: GJ-01/Toronto
Posts: 720
Thanked: 760 Times
Default re: A lemon, my defective Maruti Kizashi. EDIT: Fed up & SOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB16 View Post
Mine has been giving me around 11-11.5 consistently over the past 6 months. This is after the first service in january when the engine oil was changed to synthetic from mineral. This is the MID figures (no idea about the tankfull to tankfull figures) with 100% AC and 50-50 highway and city.
How much has your car run? Do reset the MID every time your refill. The engine is quiet efficient when compared to the accord.
rockporiom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2014, 16:13   #175
BHPian
 
TB16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 144
Thanked: 32 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockporiom View Post
How much has your car run? Do reset the MID every time your refill. The engine is quiet efficient when compared to the accord.
My car has done around 7500KM. I know its very less for a 1.5 year old car but I only get time on the weekends to take it out. Hence the low running.

I forget to reset the MID everytime, stupid me. But I do reset the trip metre without fail on every refill. That gives me a pretty good idea on the average part.

Yes even I've heard that accord doesn't give more than 8-9 kmpl, even the manual ones. The suzuki 2.4 is definetely a frugal one for sure.
TB16 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2014, 08:44   #176
BHPian
 
TB16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 144
Thanked: 32 Times
Default

Kizashi owners - What is the tyre pressure you're maintaining? I have been maintaining 35-36 which I think is a little on higher side. Any suggestions?
TB16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2014, 18:51   #177
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: India
Posts: 9,357
Thanked: 13,311 Times
Default re: A lemon, my defective Maruti Kizashi. EDIT: Fed up & SOLD

So this particular thread as well as your ownership thread (Dzire ZDi too) can now be closed.

Reason:

The Kizashi is SOLD!

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 16th August 2014 at 18:53.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2014, 20:16   #178
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Leoshashi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: JH01/JH05
Posts: 1,960
Thanked: 10,907 Times
Default re: A lemon, my defective Maruti Kizashi. EDIT: Fed up & SOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
So this particular thread as well as your ownership thread (Dzire ZDi too) can now be closed.

Reason:

The Kizashi is SOLD!

Anurag.
Can you please let us know the price for which it was sold?? And was it sold for the numerous issues it had?? Because as far as I remember, most of the problems were sorted out.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2014, 23:26   #179
BHPian
 
TB16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 144
Thanked: 32 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
So this particular thread as well as your ownership thread (Dzire ZDi too) can now be closed.

Reason:

The Kizashi is SOLD!

Anurag.
Woooohh!! Kizashi sold! I thought you had nursed the car back to health.Must have been really hard on you to see the car go specially on your dad.
Anyhow it was a wise decision on your part to sell the car since IMO it was definitely a lemon.
Although I'm no where close to selling mine but can you pls share how much you sold it for?

Last edited by TB16 : 16th August 2014 at 23:27.
TB16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2014, 13:01   #180
BHPian
 
rockporiom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: GJ-01/Toronto
Posts: 720
Thanked: 760 Times
Default re: A lemon, my defective Maruti Kizashi. EDIT: Fed up & SOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB16 View Post
Woooohh!! Kizashi sold! I thought you had nursed the car back to health.Must have been really hard on you to see the car go specially on your dad.
Anyhow it was a wise decision on your part to sell the car since IMO it was definitely a lemon.
Although I'm no where close to selling mine but can you pls share how much you sold it for?
It went for 5.85 Lakhs suffered a loss of 3.5 Lakhs because I had to pay it towards the loan.

I got rid of it as the mounting bills and the frequent visits to the ASC were getting on our nerves. Bought a Honda city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Can you please let us know the price for which it was sold?? And was it sold for the numerous issues it had?? Because as far as I remember, most of the problems were sorted out.

Regards,
Shashi
Suspension had started making noise again and there were numerous rattling noises coming. The clutch also started acting up so in the end I didn't have many options left.

Last edited by rockporiom : 17th August 2014 at 13:03.
rockporiom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ARTICLE: What to do if you are stuck with a lemon (Defective car) GTO On owning a car 43 7th December 2017 11:20
Ford Figo : Story of a Defective LEMON (1.2yrs of stressful ownership) Dinesh_Malhotra Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 77 14th February 2014 18:05
Defective Skoda Laura? Nope, defective dealer! Sam Kapasi The Indian Car Scene 143 15th November 2012 14:31
Maruti Suzuki Kizashi 'Spotted' in Gurgaon EDIT: Launched at Rs. 16.5 Lakh Ex Delhi ashishc100 The Indian Car Scene 480 23rd February 2011 22:55


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:32.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks