Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2006, 13:34   #1
Senior - BHPian
 
vigsom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: AUH<->MAA
Posts: 1,722
Thanked: 581 Times
Default Best Brands Of Fog Lights

Hi guys..

I own a Versa DX and intend putting in foglights.

There are two places to fit these--one is the round slots in the bumper and the other is rectangular slots in the air dam(this is an attachment just below the bumper).

1.Which brand would be the best to use?
2.Are there any Indian brands which have been custom made for the Versa?
3.Do foglights come with some standard wattage and is it absolutely necessary to have a relay installed?
vigsom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2006, 14:13   #2
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sahil's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 5,202
Thanked: 2,094 Times
Default

Just one word comes to my mind as far as fog lamps are concerned...HELLA!
Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2006, 14:35   #3
BHPian
 
johy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Siliguri
Posts: 840
Thanked: 370 Times
Default

I have been wanting to ask the same thing -- plus - how I can improve visibility when driving in the really heavy rains. Sometimes I have to step out in those rains at night and I can barely see anything on the road.

I was wondering:

1) Do you get Hella for the Wagon R which can be fitted in the stock location? If yes, how much do these cost? I have some ordinary brand (Rs 400/-) fitted at the moment, but they do seem pretty inadequate.

2) Will changing my headlights from the stock ones to Philips Vision Plus help me? Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
johy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2006, 18:18   #4
Senior - BHPian
 
vigsom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: AUH<->MAA
Posts: 1,722
Thanked: 581 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by johy
I have been wanting to ask the same thing -- plus - how I can improve visibility when driving in the really heavy rains. Sometimes I have to step out in those rains at night and I can barely see anything on the road.

I was wondering:

1) Do you get Hella for the Wagon R which can be fitted in the stock location? If yes, how much do these cost? I have some ordinary brand (Rs 400/-) fitted at the moment, but they do seem pretty inadequate.

2) Will changing my headlights from the stock ones to Philips Vision Plus help me? Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
Hi Johy,

Rains are bad for driving and even the best electricians here refuse to set the lights if it is raining...I would recommend that you stick to your stock lights,go slow and use the best wipers...Wagon R has good round reflectors..are they the old model or the new clear lens?I cannot comment on Vision Plus.
vigsom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2006, 18:26   #5
BHPian
 
johy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Siliguri
Posts: 840
Thanked: 370 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom
Hi Johy,

Rains are bad for driving and even the best electricians here refuse to set the lights if it is raining...I would recommend that you stick to your stock lights,go slow and use the best wipers...Wagon R has good round reflectors..are they the old model or the new clear lens?I cannot comment on Vision Plus.
...It is a new Wagon R (Clear lens). I know rains are bad and should really be avoided, but the kind of rains we have here - it is a mess and very often I find myself forced to move around when it is both dark and raining heavily. I guess I will check out the wipers... Bosch?

- Johy
johy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2006, 22:44   #6
BHPian
 
Kaizer Sozay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 333
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom
Hi guys..

I own a Versa DX and intend putting in foglights.
There are two places to fit these--one is the round slots in the bumper and the other is rectangular slots in the air dam(this is an attachment just below the bumper).
1.Which brand would be the best to use?
2.Are there any Indian brands which have been custom made for the Versa?
3.Do foglights come with some standard wattage and is it absolutely necessary to have a relay installed?
Monsoon Time you have to get Bosch Vipers .
with regards to the fog lamps part HELLA & nothing else....
I use philips halogen lights in my zen but the hellas are fantastic dont need headlights at all.
The hellas Rectangular model 450 costs 1700 bucks but worth every buck.
Kaizer Sozay is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Best Global Brands and Best Automotive Brands vasudeva The International Automotive Scene 4 9th October 2015 09:21
Fog lamps without fog dushmish Street Experiences 113 5th January 2012 12:51
Premium brands going down the value-for-money road, & VFM brands becoming overpriced! GTO The Indian Car Scene 66 19th February 2011 12:24
Wanted: Fog lights for Optra Boom Shiva Shifting gears 9 1st September 2006 11:19
Baleno Fog lights shobhit15 Modifications & Accessories 5 30th August 2005 16:09


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 09:27.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks