Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 10th May 2014, 20:13   #61
Distinguished - BHPian
Default Re: Why your "remote locking" immobilizer is useless

Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
I did official review of Cruze which has push start and touch and open system.
As an experiment, we kept key near car, and then drove off, with the key not in car. Even driving 1km away, the car did not shut down.
I think legal/ liability issues prevent the unexpected shutting off of engines while on the move. Even thieves have right to life!

Sutripta is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2014, 09:33   #62
Default Re: Theft Attempt ! Guess the thieves duplicated my remote locking frequency

Originally Posted by ak916 View Post
If you do this, the alarm will go off. Then you would have to pop the bonnet and disconnect the siren. And if that's so, the owner would notice it when he comes back to the car.
My car has alarm with the remote locking. The siren was also perfect when my dad came back and unlocked the car. Still trying to figure out the what might have happened.
apoorv agha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2015, 21:26   #63
Senior - BHPian
Default Re: Why your "remote locking" immobilizer is useless

Found this programmable remote key for Figo

The link also talks about how remote can learn the lock/unlock codes. Since figo is fitted with immobilizer with PATS, wonder how (and if) this learning mechanism is going to work?

We put car in learning mode and add new codes generated by this new set of keys in addition to existing remote key?

Any one has tried or any idea about this self learning remote ? Kindly enlighten
recshenoy is offline   Reply With Quote