Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

View Poll Results: Pick One
ABS 214 73.79%
Airbag 76 26.21%
Voters: 290. You may not vote on this poll

Old 5th April 2015, 11:08   #121
Default Re: ABS or Airbag: If you had to pick one?

My preference would be for ABS only. There are many people like me who are "vertically challenged", eg 5'5'' or shorter. We end up sitting closer to the steering wheel in order to reach the pedals. It is recommended sitting as far back as possible, from the steering wheel since an airbag deployment can seriously injure a person.
In fact thought my Ford Fiesta 1.6SXI has dual airbags, my subsequent purchase was that of a Eon Magna+ which does not have airbags, even though could I could easily afford the extra 35k for the Sports model which has a drivers side airbag.
If pedals could be made adjustable to & fro, like the steering wheel adjustable for rake & reach, I am willing to change my mind and opt for airbags. Also the news of faulty airbag sensors from Takata company of Japan, which as resulted in premature deployment & the resulting injuries, in the US, has made me a wee bit apprehensive about airbags.
SanjayDalal is offline   Reply With Quote