Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 17th July 2006, 17:58   #1
Default Matiz engine oil problem

Dear Friends,

I own a Matiz SD 2000 model and have run 50000 Km. The problem started with the car when I left it for a full service in a local workshop during Dec 2005. Till then I was getting a mileage of not less than 15 Km, which dropped to 8-9 kmpl after the service. During this service, the workshop people have decarbonated the engine and cleaned all the valves and stuff - told me that the engine had become real dirty, so they were able to clean only 75% after using some solvents, etc... They also adviced me to change the engine oil after running for some time after service (in Feb 2005) - which I did.

Since the mileage did not pick up at all, I checked the car with Rai Motors, Bangalore (Daewoo authorized) - they informed me that the car is perfectly fine and I should get good mileage - which has not happened till now.

When I checked the engine oil state yesterday, to my surprise it has become totally black - just after 5 months after changing the oil. Today I have replaced the engine oil with Castrol Magnetic.

I am not sure if the engine oil becoming dirty is related to the low mileage I am getting. I hope to get some good advice of how to resolve this issue from you team.

- Karthik.
ece2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote