Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2015, 20:39   #226
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: KL 01
Posts: 4,334
Thanked: 2,047 Times
Default Re: VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread

I enabled brake light flashing and on one of our highway runs my friend following me behind in his Vento saw the lights flash. It was a real emergency braking situation as one of the bikers suddenly decided to cut across from the slowest lane to the fastest.

Later he asked me about the flashing light as he didn't know about l such settings in vcds. It was then I realised that the function indeed works.
Sankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2015, 18:28   #227
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Chennai
Posts: 20
Thanked: 5 Times
Default Re: VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaypjayaraj View Post
I got the Ross Tech cable. I'm not sure about clones. Guess they can't be updated.
Can you please let me if EGR delete can be done using Engine control module.
I tried in mine but it asks for a security access key.
EGR delete is supposed to improve performance and prevent exhaust gas recirulation in TDI engines.
Please find below link too; where i found information to increase or decrease EGR rate.
Also where can the security access codes be obtained.

http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/cars/tdi.html
santhosharulvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2015, 21:30   #228
BHPian
 
ajaypjayaraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: KL 11
Posts: 909
Thanked: 980 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by santhosharulvan View Post
Can you please let me if EGR delete can be done using Engine control module.

I tried in mine but it asks for a security access key.

EGR delete is supposed to improve performance and prevent exhaust gas recirulation in TDI engines.

Please find below link too; where i found information to increase or decrease EGR rate.

Also where can the security access codes be obtained.



http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/cars/tdi.html

Security access codes to many modules are available on the internet if you google and search through forums. However I wanted the CECM security access code to try something in my Yeti and none of the forums had that code. Even the guys at Ross tech could not help with that. But the security access code of the newer MQB platform CECM is easily available and discussed in many forums. I have used it to check some coding in the new Octavia too but could not get the same for my Yeti which had the previous gen. CECM.

Like I said, google for VW ECU security access code and you might find something.
ajaypjayaraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2015, 20:11   #229
Senior - BHPian
 
Vik0728's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,502
Thanked: 1,533 Times
Default Re: VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post

Guys, I am sure none of us have tested the emergency brake flashing in reality.
Hey Gannu I am sure you were really referring to the 'Brake Lights' and not the 'Hazard Lights' flashing on emergency braking.

In case you were referring to the latter, I have enabled this feature on my GT and it worked on one occasion where I had to brake hard for an unmarked speed-breaker.

If I remember correctly, the hazard lights flashed for about 10-15 times before going off !!
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2015, 20:48   #230
Senior - BHPian
 
Tanveer_2558's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,307
Thanked: 1,244 Times
Default Re: VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
I coded my yeti for the emergency brake flashing on turn signals (9 - Cent. Elec > Long Coding > byte 16), but I am not sure how to test it. I did brake hard to sudden stop to test on many occassions during night time, but I can't say it worked. Is there a certain way to replicate it?

I am unable to make the followings work on my Yeti Elegance.
1. Tear Wiping FRONT
>>09 - Central Electronics > Coding – 07 > Long Coding Helper > Byte 14 > Check Bit 4 ‘Tear Wiping Active’.

The Tear wiping for REAR works though.

2. Activating horn beeps while locking/unlocking the car
>> 09 - Central Electronics > Coding -07 > Long Coding Helper > Byte 5 > Check Bit 1 and Bit 4

3. Oil Temperature info in MFD


I did manage to get rest of the features working:
1. TPMS
2. Changing lane indicators from 3 flashes to 5
3. XDS (fast corner assist) Strong
4. Coming home (via fog light)
5. Brake Assist to High
6. Staging (needle sweep)
7. Tear Drop Wiping for Rear Wiper Active

I got hold of a PDF booklet with all possible VCDS adjustments one can make. But too afraid to try out untested codes.
Hello, Can you shed some more information about the oil temp on MFD as well as the TPMS ? Would try and look for it in my jetta too then, TMPS just won't work for me.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2015, 12:15   #231
zen
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 64
Thanked: 12 Times
Default Re: VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread

Came across OBDEleven which is an alternative to VCDS. It works using a proprietary device (costs 30 euro; ships from Lithuania) that plugs discreetly into the OBD port on your car which you can connect to from your android device using bluetooth. The app is free for download from the play store and scans for faults and much more. Coding and Adaptations require an upgrade to the pro version via an in app purchase (~20 euro). Details are on the website and in the app. Features are still under development and one click apps/adaptations/coding for all cars is not supported yet.

Got teardrop wiping enabled on my Polo TSI thanks to Gannu_1's step by step instructions in this thread. Waiting for support for adaptations to try enabling some of the other features.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
I got hold of a PDF booklet with all possible VCDS adjustments one can make. But too afraid to try out untested codes.
Could you share this pdf please?
zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2015, 01:25   #232
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: India
Posts: 327
Thanked: 73 Times
Default Re: VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread

hi

just wanted to know if technical tests such as injector adaptation can also be done through VCDS?
torque18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2015, 19:59   #233
BHPian
 
BigBrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: KL - 7
Posts: 152
Thanked: 118 Times
Smile Re: VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread

Bought the cable from AliExpress (seller: autoprofessional) for $18.99. I had placed the order some 3 months back and the seller shipped it via China Post which is still stuck at Kolkata Customs office. The seller issued a refund and I ordered it again, but this time requested him to ship via Singapore Post. And the package landed at my home in about 13 days! From my experience, China Post seems hugely unreliable and slow. Another order that I placed on the same day as the cable (with a different seller) is stuck at Kolkata Customs office. So, for fast and reliable shipping, please request the seller to ship via Singapore Post.

Coming to the cable, did an auto scan first and found no errors. Saved the log file in my PC. Activated the following stuff in my Polo using the info available in this thread:
-Cluster staging
-Lane change blinks from 3 to 5
-Refuel quantity in MFD (Thanks to Sankar)
-Instant FE display in MFD
-Acoustical confirmation on locking (Didn't enable it for unlocking)
-Rear wiper comfort wiping (When reverse gear is engaged)
-Tear wiping of front wipers
-Brake light flashing on emergency braking
-Speed dependent wiping frequency of front wipers
BigBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2015, 14:43   #234
Senior - BHPian
 
Tanveer_2558's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,307
Thanked: 1,244 Times
Default Re: VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrad View Post
Bought the cable from AliExpress (seller: autoprofessional) for $18.99. I had placed the order some 3 months back and the seller shipped it via China Post which is still stuck at Kolkata Customs office. The seller issued a refund and I ordered it again, but this time requested him to ship via Singapore Post. And the package landed at my home in about 13 days! From my experience, China Post seems hugely unreliable and slow. Another order that I placed on the same day as the cable (with a different seller) is stuck at Kolkata Customs office. So, for fast and reliable shipping, please request the seller to ship via Singapore Post.

Coming to the cable, did an auto scan first and found no errors. Saved the log file in my PC. Activated the following stuff in my Polo using the info available in this thread:
-Cluster staging
-Lane change blinks from 3 to 5
-Refuel quantity in MFD (Thanks to Sankar)
-Instant FE display in MFD
-Acoustical confirmation on locking (Didn't enable it for unlocking)
-Rear wiper comfort wiping (When reverse gear is engaged)
-Tear wiping of front wipers
-Brake light flashing on emergency braking
-Speed dependent wiping frequency of front wipers
China post isn't bad, But the things is, Its our customs which takes a lot of time to clear it, Recently pedals i had ordered for my Jetta were stuck in customs for 22 days! And i Did not have to pay anything when i got it. People at customs sure take their own time. I am saying this after ordering 95 products from Aliexpress.

Also i assume, Lowering and raising the windows via the key fob in your polo is active already.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2015, 22:15   #235
BHPian
 
BigBrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: KL - 7
Posts: 152
Thanked: 118 Times
Default Re: VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
China post isn't bad, But the things is, Its our customs which takes a lot of time to clear it, Recently pedals i had ordered for my Jetta were stuck in customs for 22 days! And i Did not have to pay anything when i got it. People at customs sure take their own time. I am saying this after ordering 95 products from Aliexpress.
Sorry for the late reply Tanveer.

You are absolutely correct. It's the customs which takes time and from what I understand, China Post ships to Kolkata customs office for clearance and Singapore Post ships to Chennai customs. The latter is much faster in clearing stuff compared to the former. And, I really don't have the patience to wait for so long.
Quote:
Also i assume, Lowering and raising the windows via the key fob in your polo is active already.
Yes, that's available in my car.

Last edited by BigBrad : 10th October 2015 at 22:16. Reason: Adding text
BigBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2015, 22:54   #236
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Pune
Posts: 318
Thanked: 296 Times
Default

Anyone in pune with vcds cable and software? Would like to make changes on new polo.
Ready to pay a fee for using it.

Reply back on this thread or PM me.
freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2015, 00:19   #237
Senior - BHPian
 
Tanveer_2558's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,307
Thanked: 1,244 Times
Default Re: VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrad View Post
Sorry for the late reply Tanveer.

You are absolutely correct. It's the customs which takes time and from what I understand, China Post ships to Kolkata customs office for clearance and Singapore Post ships to Chennai customs. The latter is much faster in clearing stuff compared to the former. And, I really don't have the patience to wait for so long.

Yes, that's available in my car.
Hello! Same here even i don't have the patience, Specially for the car parts to arrive and hence i have started ordering via fedex by paying around 21$ to 25$ for the shipping and its absolutely worth it, There is a step by step tracking and everytime the customs was cleared and the parcel was forwarded in less than 20 minutes! Plus maximum it takes around 5 days for the parcel to reach at my doorstep (Mumbai).
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2015, 22:45   #238
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: delhi
Posts: 17
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Hello All

I have recently acquired a Laura Lnk 2011 May. And I am facing following issues, can you all please shed some light on it if you have any knowledge about these, thx

1) AFS: I have bending lights enabled in Maxidot and also my light swivel up down and left right on start up. But I do not see them bending if I give turn indicator or steer in either direction. Ofcourse I am checking while the car is stationary, is there some special way to check it. I ensured travelmode/tourist light is turned off (again in maxidot)

2) My car is showing famous (bcoz I read at brisk skoda) ABS/ESP error (in maxidot) and the tyre pressure, ESP and ABS lights up, its intermittent. but comes once probably in each 5-10 kms drive. Any experience with that.

3) I am trying to enable DRL on my car using the Indicator Stock method, I am able to get the confirmation ding sound for both enable and disable DRL but the actual DRL doesnt get enabled. Any clues about the same ? Also to add the sounds only come when I have the light switch on O and not on Auto.

thanks for the help in advance.
Thanks
shishi

Hi Guys

I am also trying to figure out which cable to buy and I found here that most of your bought it from Autoprofessional on Alibaba but Autoprofessional itself list multiple version of product with different prices, unsure which one to buy. Please help, following are the links

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-...rchweb201560_9

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/VAG-C...rchweb201560_9

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-...rchweb201560_9

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/VAG-C...rchweb201560_9

Thanks for all the help

Rgds
shishir

Last edited by Jaggu : 27th October 2015 at 23:12. Reason: Back to back posts, please wait for mod approval and edit original post.
dial_shishir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2015, 00:31   #239
BHPian
 
adi_petrolhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 781
Thanked: 765 Times
Default VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dial_shishir View Post
Hello All



I have recently acquired a Laura Lnk 2011 May. And I am facing following issues, can you all please shed some light on it if you have any knowledge about these, thx



1) AFS: I have bending lights enabled in Maxidot and also my light swivel up down and left right on start up. But I do not see them bending if I give turn indicator or steer in either direction. Ofcourse I am checking while the car is stationary, is there some special way to check it. I ensured travelmode/tourist light is turned off (again in maxidot)



2) My car is showing famous (bcoz I read at brisk skoda) ABS/ESP error (in maxidot) and the tyre pressure, ESP and ABS lights up, its intermittent. but comes once probably in each 5-10 kms drive. Any experience with that.



3) I am trying to enable DRL on my car using the Indicator Stock method, I am able to get the confirmation ding sound for both enable and disable DRL but the actual DRL doesnt get enabled. Any clues about the same ? Also to add the sounds only come when I have the light switch on O and not on Auto.



thanks for the help in advance.

Thanks

shishi



Hi

Th bending lights will not bend when car is stationary. They bend only after 30 km/h or so. Also the fog lamps in the direction of the steering input should activate until you complete your turn/manouver. Another thing to see is that the headlight switch must be in Auto position for all these to work. Cornering fogs will work even when car is stationary.

ABS TPMS and ESP error is probable sign of mechatronic malfunction, get it checked. Also it can be fault of the ABS sensor, sometimes fixed with sensor replacement, sometimes needs whole steering column to be replaced because some sensors are embedded in the steering column.

DRL has to be activated through VCDS first. Since you have maxi dot, the option will be visible in the mfd as well. Then there is no need to use the indicator stalk method.

Last edited by adi_petrolhead : 29th October 2015 at 00:33.
adi_petrolhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2015, 09:52   #240
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 386
Thanked: 124 Times
Default Re: VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dial_shishir View Post
Hello All


2) My car is showing famous (bcoz I read at brisk skoda) ABS/ESP error (in maxidot) and the tyre pressure, ESP and ABS lights up, its intermittent. but comes once probably in each 5-10 kms drive. Any experience with that.
Faced this multiple times on my car. This mostly is an ABS sensor issue, you will have to get it replaced. Skoda is famous for this. If you can check with the previous owner or from previous service records if any of the sensors were replaced from an authorized workshop then remember that each OEM part replaced in an authorized workshop carries a two year warranty.
jinu_joseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vag-com (VCDS) and Passat B7 exhaustpipe Technical Stuff 9 25th June 2016 16:04
Technical and diagnostic Guide: Hyundai's HVAC systems sidindica Technical Stuff 54 20th May 2016 13:04
Bangalore Meet: VCDS tweaks for VW & Skoda cars psuraj The Team-BHP Meet Section 52 26th January 2015 16:41
Affordable ODB Display & Diagnostic Tools (eg. GReddy Informeter, ELM 327, etc) dot Modifications & Accessories 33 12th March 2013 22:44
Android based Engine Perfomance/Diagnostic Tool SudhanshuSD Technical Stuff 3 2nd December 2010 16:10


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 04:40.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks