Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 9th August 2016, 14:23   #421
BHPian

Default Re: VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter View Post
The link is not valid anymore, can you please upload once again?
cooljai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2016, 20:07   #422
BHPian

Quote:
Appreciate your effort boss but link is invalid.
unknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2016, 13:53   #423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljai View Post
The link is not valid anymore, can you please upload once again?
Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
Appreciate your effort boss but link is invalid.
as this is a free site - it only allows 5 downloads.

please find the link

https://www.hidrive.strato.com/lnk/B9CVpoHe
newtonMeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2016, 23:23   #424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
After ross tech took some legal action against the seller's on aliexpress, The sellers aren't keeping the listing activated, Every time i ordered too, A link was messaged by the seller, I bought it and as soon as i have paid for it the link is removed, Got the product on time and in working condition too.
Tanveer, can you please share the details of the seller? Thinking of getting the v15.7, just wanted to be sure of going with a vendor whose product is known to work.

Quote:
as this is a free site - it only allows 5 downloads.

please find the link

https://www.hidrive.strato.com/lnk/B9CVpoHe
Thanks newtonMeter!
cooljai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2016, 23:48   #425
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljai View Post
Tanveer, can you please share the details of the seller? Thinking of getting the v15.7, just wanted to be sure of going with a vendor whose product is known to work.
Unfortunately the seller too has been removed, Thankfully the tracking is good so its going to reach me in a week or too, Check PM.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2016, 09:56   #426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Unfortunately the seller too has been removed, Thankfully the tracking is good so its going to reach me in a week or too, Check PM.
Hi Tanveer,

Is this the same product?

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/VAG-1...308.4.2.1yoFfz

Regards.
antardaksh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2016, 15:22   #427
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antardaksh View Post
There are so many vendors who sell VCDS cables in AliExpress (and they keep vanishing too), it is not possible to point to any specific vendor. There is no guarantee if these cables will work, but usually they work (I got two cables and both worked). If the product has high order numbers, then it should be ok to go ahead and buy.
graaja is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2016, 02:01   #428
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antardaksh View Post
Hi Tanveer,

Is this the same product?

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/VAG-1...308.4.2.1yoFfz

Regards.
Hi, Just like how graaja said, Its very difficult to point out to one vendor, I have got 3 non working cables till now and all 3 are lying with me, The seller wanted me to ship it back so that he can send me another one but shipping back would cost more than the cable's cost, Hence lost the money and aliexpress too wasn't helpful with that, I have bought many cables, For friends, For myself, Both the 12.12 and 15.7 versions, Most of them worked, Some didn't, Some did not come along with software, So it all depends on that particular transaction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
There are so many vendors who sell VCDS cables in AliExpress (and they keep vanishing too), it is not possible to point to any specific vendor. There is no guarantee if these cables will work, but usually they work (I got two cables and both worked). If the product has high order numbers, then it should be ok to go ahead and buy.
Exactly! Even though i once got a bad cable from a seller which had high order number, Guessing they don't really check each and every cable they send,Also have got blank discs on several occasions, Thankfully i also have one as backup.
Old 20th August 2016, 10:49   #429
BHPian

Angry

Hi Friends,

I bought the VAG 15.7 cable from AliExpress and installed the 15.7 software that came with it on my Win 8.1 64-bit HP laptop. However, when I connect the cable to laptop, it says that the USB device is not recognized "Device Descriptor Request Failed". I tried installing various usb device drivers provided for this on the internet. However, each time I tried to update the driver software it would say that the version on the computer is the latest. Need some help here - is the cable faulty or is there something else that I need to do?

Thanks!

Also, is there a difference between the following cables. Both say 15.7 but one is a Dual-K & Can <-> USB VAG/ISO interface where as the 2nd one mentions Dual-K & Can <-> USB Interface for VCDS. Mine is the 1st one shown here - could that be the reason?
Attached Images

Last edited by ajmat : 23rd August 2016 at 20:49.
e-katz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2016, 23:06   #430
BHPian

I was checking out the VCDS functionality to prime the diesel fuel pump after fuel filter replacement to bleed air out of the lines.

According to the videos, I would be able to access this functionality under Engine->Basic Settings. However I find that this button is disabled for me.

Ross Tech site mentions that the reason that buttons are disabled is because the controller does not support this.

Is it the "Basic Settings" under Engine disabled for the rest of you folks too? I wanted to replace my fuel filter but read that the fuel lines would have to be bled there after. So thought i'll try out this before ending up with a car that would not start.

Drive on,
Shibu.
shibujp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2016, 19:52   #431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-katz View Post
Hi Friends,

I bought the VAG 15.7 cable from AliExpress and installed the 15.7 software that came with it on my Win 8.1 64-bit HP laptop. However, when I connect the cable to laptop, it says that the USB device is not recognized "Device Descriptor Request Failed". I tried installing various usb device drivers provided for this on the internet. However, each time I tried to update the driver software it would say that the version on the computer is the latest. Need some help here - is the cable faulty or is there something else that I need to do?

Thanks!
FYI - I was able to resolve this issue by connecting the cable to a USB hub connected to my laptop, something to do with the power rating i guess.

However, I had another question with respect to the indicator celebration setting. I get an error whenever I select that option. does it require the instrument cluster to be updated - I am doing this on a 2011 polo trendline
e-katz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2016, 10:51   #432

I want to change the lane blink changes from 3 to 5. Is it possible to ask the ASC to do it? Will they allow it. Anyone had prior experience ,could you please help
gautamal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2016, 15:59   #433
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautamal View Post
I want to change the lane blink changes from 3 to 5. Is it possible to ask the ASC to do it? Will they allow it. Anyone had prior experience ,could you please help
Totally depends from service centre to service centre, You can ask them but usually i have seen people being denied and also being questioned to what does it mean, Try your luck, Or try to get hold of someone with the cable near your area who can do it for ya.
Old 26th August 2016, 14:42   #434

hey guys,
is there a similar software for Ford vehicles?
I know there is one but I am forgetting the name.
Control2freak is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2016, 19:04   #435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-katz View Post
FYI - I was able to resolve this issue by connecting the cable to a USB hub connected to my laptop, something to do with the power rating i guess.

However, I had another question with respect to the indicator celebration setting. I get an error whenever I select that option. does it require the instrument cluster to be updated - I am doing this on a 2011 polo trendline
Hi there,

The indicator celebration will only work on a highline cluster version - I'm n ot sure of the version on a trendline Polo, but the one on mine a Fabia Ambiente too didnt work.
Alternatively try the option called 'Staging' in the same menu.

Cheers,
Aayush
aayushnair is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote