Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 20th July 2006, 08:52   #1

Default k&n trouble over cng

hey guys, can anyone tell me if i can run a car on cng wid k&n filter...i took my 2003 honda 1.3 too ask how much a cng in it would cost...in b/w the conversation i asked if it would be fine to put a k&n filter...he didn't know bout the filters but he said he fitted it in a lancer wid a 'gol lal filter' but couldn't get it to work until it was removed. now it seems he was talking about the filters...

please tell me if i can put a k&n filter in my car along with cng without any problems
mj.hoodster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2006, 18:40   #2
BHPian

CNG has nothing to do with a Air Filter...! Seems like there was some other problem with the lancer...you should go for the Regular K&N Filter which will go right in place where your orignal Stock filter is...Conical may be better..But since The K&N performance increase is a debate-able issue...! I really cannot say much for or against putting that filter..!
wolfinstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2007, 03:16   #3

I am running my Esteem on CNG, do you advise to install K&N for better performance or may be more power....
sudhir_nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2007, 23:12   #4
BHPian

On the contary, I have come to realize that Air Ratio is a critical Issue in CNG Performance, The Ratio of Air to Gas has to be mapped well otherwise its low pickup or Missing..!
But the K&N filter would not seem to create any major issues
wolfinstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2007, 12:02   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfinstein View Post
K&N filter would not seem to create any major issues
It might require a retune just to compensate for the extra air coming in just as you mentioned.
Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote