Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 31st August 2014, 16:24   #1

Default Service Interval Counter won't reset!

Hello BHPians,

I purchased a pre-owned VW Polo 1.2 TDI 6 months back. After 2 months I noticed that the Service interval counter won't rest to anything other than 500 Kms. So after every 500 kms, it starts showing the Service Due Sign as soon as I turn on the ignition. I try to rest the counter but it will only reset it to 500 Kms.

I recently took the car to BOSCH Service Center for a complete service and told them the problem. They seemed pretty confident that they will fix the Service interval issue but turns out after trying everything using their diagnostic tool even they couldn't reset it to 15K.

The Guy at BOSCH told me he will research on VW forums and other places and let me know if he can fix this or not, else, I have to take it to VW to get it fixed.

This seems like a very small problem, but it is very irritating to reset it to 500 kms every now and then. I am now planning to take it to VW and have them take a look.

Any guesses or suggestions how this can be fixed before I take it to VW?
aashish_84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2014, 06:53   #2
BHPian

Default re: Service Interval Counter won't reset!

Hi,

All you need to get done is have your car connected to VCDS and update the Service Interval fromm 500Km to 15000km and 365 days.

This can also be done at Bosch or anyone with a VCDS Cable and Software (Ross-tech)

..and yes this can get really frustrating, but quite simple to resolve.

Cheers,
Aayush.
aayushnair is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2014, 11:52   #3

Default Re: Service Interval Counter won't reset!

Thanks aayush. The BOSCH person was also not able to reset it to 15K. I took it to another BOSCH Service Center with no success. So finally I have to get it done from VW. I am back at 15K now
aashish_84 is offline   Reply With Quote