Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 27th February 2017, 16:47   #106
BHPian

Default Re: All about car dent repair & painting - Processes, methods & tools

My father's daily drive since February 2000 is a Santro. This car also happens to be our family's first car and over the years has taken a lot of beating. It drives very well, not a single breakdown during all these years - from gear shift to suspension, everything feels like new. However, with new cars becoming part of the family, our beloved Santro has not seen shade for last over a decade or so. The result? The car has started rusting and is rusting very fast - rust on roof, left fender, bonnet is what catches your eye when you first look at the car. I am sure there will be places hidden to naked eye where the damage will be more.

Over the years, I have got the car repaired including denting and painting at multiple Hyundai workshops in Chandigarh but none of the experience was confidence inspiring. My dad do not drives any other car nor he want's to buy a new car for himself. He is like one car man

So my humble request to fellow BHPians in the tricity is that if you know a good workshop where I can get the car dented and painted, kindly let me know. It will be in fact, the greatest thing you will help me do for my dad.
jeepster_chd is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2017, 13:39   #107
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: All about car dent repair & painting - Processes, methods & tools

I see no one has discussed anything on thermochromic pigments yet..! For all the paint work fans out there , it is quite an exciting thing to have some color changing parts on your rides.

Basically, thermochromic pigment does only this much : It turns transparent at a specific temperature and above. It is available in different colours and can be painted on top of any paint or vinyl work that needs to stay hidden on ocassions.
People use it on engine blocks to show up red hot engine graphics only when the engine is actually hot or for decals that will be seen only on rainy days...stuff like that. I really want to do it on my car , however , since I am in UAE now , I don't know when it will be possible..!
As a newbie , i hope you all will help me out and give me more information on this amazing stuff and please correct me if I got any information wrong. I am just another guy who appreciates good body work.
JozfGT is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote