Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 9th October 2007, 22:43   #46
Senior - BHPian

Does it matter if your engine comes up for servicing after 2.10L Kms instead of 2.5l Kms ?
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2007, 00:35   #47

Elsewhere in this thread it was mentioned that carbs might be better suited for India; however till now I have never heard of a single person tell me that the mpfi unit in his engine has a problem!
It's tried and tested technology even in India, so besides all the reasons already stated, I think its better than carbs.

I have a doubt here, when an mpfi car is retrofitted with an LPG kit, does it get a separate carb too? I have this doubt for two reasons. One, the amount of time for which the engines injectors are open is configured for for petrol, LPG being a less viscous and less dense fluid might flow through in undesirable quanitities. Secondly, the new Cedia LPG has a multi injection unit for LPG sourced from Italy(please correct if this is erroroneous). So if the LPG kit comes with an extra carb, it would not matter if my engine is a carbed or mpfi one right.
Sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2007, 01:58   #48

IF i compare my CARB engine cars to MPFI all i can say is MPFI cars are much much better ,in these 8 years i never ever had to do anything with the MPFI system But previously i had many problems with the carb Engines in my previous two cars some times there was some problem with Jets in carb ,some times carbs used to over supply fuel some time the took air ans car stopped working i mean in those 6 years i had problems like 10 times 1992 to 1999 and in these 8 years with MPFI not even once i had any problem so i say MPFI is better
rubin2006 is offline   Reply With Quote