Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 3rd August 2006, 13:30   #1
Default High levels of CO emission - any answers?

Hi I have a 2003 Fiat Sienna 1.6ELX (petrol).
A few months ago I faced the following symptoms - engine choking for air (accleration in spurts), strong exhaust smell, black smoke & drop in power.
The service guys told me that it was because of a faulty Lamda Sensor - I understand that it constanatly signals to the ECU on the amount of air intake required into the cylinders. So I got these replaced and though not completely satisfied most problems were eliminated.
Now I noticed that the emission of Carbon Monoxide (CO) is currently at 1.8 units (whatever they are) against the norms of 0.5!!!

Would appreciate if I can get answers and some advice.

WhiteAttraction is offline   Reply With Quote