Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 8th January 2008, 20:16   #121
Senior - BHPian

mail4ajo,
i would always recommend sequential kit for mpfi cars but looks like there is problem in your closed loop kit(leak in hose). coolant loss is not normal since i have topped up my coolant tank with distilled water twice in last one year. i didnt observe anything after changeover to closed loop from open loop, but sure it will save your catcon in long run.
iam sure you have done its calibration. you can redo it or ask the installer to reset the unit and re do it in front of you. there is a procedure sheet along with the kit.
gigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2008, 22:40   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigy View Post
mail4ajo,
i would always recommend sequential kit for mpfi cars but looks like there is problem in your closed loop kit(leak in hose). coolant loss is not normal since i have topped up my coolant tank with distilled water twice in last one year. i didnt observe anything after changeover to closed loop from open loop, but sure it will save your catcon in long run.
iam sure you have done its calibration. you can redo it or ask the installer to reset the unit and re do it in front of you. there is a procedure sheet along with the kit.
Coolant loss was due to a hose leak, got it fixed promptly. Closed loop doesnt seem to be working even after repeated tries. I have abandoned it. I lost my money.
mail4ajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2008, 11:45   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadaver_prad View Post
Hi guys.. I have an Ikon 1.6 which has run 46,000 kms. im planning to convert it to LPG. I spoke to a kit installer who quoted me Rs 22,000 for a closed loop kit including RTO approval and 19,000 for an open loop kit. What do u guys think of it? and also plz let me know what i should look for when installing the kit.

Mod's Note: Please carry out a search to find a relevant thread to post, rather than opening a new thread for the same old topics. And this has nothing to do with the posting frequency, so please...
sorry about that

hey what do you guys think about it?
can anybody give me a list of components that need to be installed while having the ikon converted?
cadaver_prad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2008, 12:16   #124
BHPian

hey is there nobody to help me wit this??
cadaver_prad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2008, 13:12   #125
Senior - BHPian

Seriously not recommended on the Ikon.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2008, 13:23   #126
Distinguished - BHPian

Did some one say Ikon

Check this out

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...pped-cars.html (So How Safe are the lpg\Cng equipped Cars ?)
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2008, 13:46   #127
Senior - BHPian

govt is already in loss as far as LPG is concerned whether domestic or commercial. earlier LPG was justified with the pain when it was 26 Rs/Lit..now its almost 34 rs..tomm it will be almost same as diesel/petrol.
then why the pain?
amit_mechengg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2008, 17:24   #128
BHPian

Hi All,

Could anybody tell me a good Auto LPG mechanic in Bangalore for BRC kit for a good tuning to increase the mileage. Car is 2002 model opel Corsa 1.4 GLS which gives less than 10 kpl without AC on highway with LPG. Petrol also gives almost same mileage in Highway. City is as low as 7 kpl.

Any advice would be helpful and appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited by raj_7703 : 3rd March 2008 at 17:25. Reason: location not specified
raj_7703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2008, 18:37   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_7703 View Post
Hi All,

Could anybody tell me a good Auto LPG mechanic in Bangalore for BRC kit for a good tuning to increase the mileage. Car is 2002 model opel Corsa 1.4 GLS which gives less than 10 kpl without AC on highway with LPG. Petrol also gives almost same mileage in Highway. City is as low as 7 kpl.

Any advice would be helpful and appreciated.

Thanks
Hi Raj,
Ero tech in Ulsoor do a pretty good job of lpg tuning. i could put you through to them if you require. i have an lpg kit in my accent and it does a pretty neat job.
Cheers,
Harsha
harsha.cs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2008, 14:09   #130
BHPian

Default My Lamda Sensor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Yes, got it rectified before my long trip to Kerala. Leak in the coolant pipes attached to the vapouriser.

I have disconnected the closed loop system due to high LPG consumption. The pickup was good, but doesnt serve the purpose of LPG. I am happy on open loop.

For all who want to convert to closed loop, please avoid.... Invest in the sequential if you have the money.
Hi Ajo,
hard to hear your experience with closed loop. i too fitted my accent with a closed loop kit 6 months ago. it is the same stag lamda as yours, just that it is called stag 100.

Dear Friends, i am reasonably happy with my car. performance is petrol-like. mileage in a city/highway mix is 10. say 9 in city and 11 in highway. it is about 2 kms less than petrol.
but the issue is that when connected to the computer, i noted that the lamda reading does not fluctuate between rich and lean and just sticks to one or shows "lamda error", which is not right. But the gas guys said that the petrol lamda sensor of the car must have gone for a toss, so the problem. i am happy with the performance and mielage of my car. should i bother getting the petrol lamda sensor repaired or changed? how much would it cost? or should i just lay back and let things go the way they are going? let me know your thoughts on this.
Regards,
Harsha
harsha.cs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2008, 12:18   #131
BHPian

Hey Friends, my Cielo is fitted with a SKN LPG kit for past three years and so far there havent been any LPG related problems, Pickup and Refinement are even better than what they were when i was running Petrol, However its not the same story with Petrol, due to less running on petrol the Petrol in the Tank goes bad and becomes unusable and whenever i drove the car on petrol for long the Car wont start the next Morning or even after two hours for that matter. I am pretty stuckup with this problem, the car works fine if i dont run the car on Petrol and use the Petrol only for starting the car. Does anyone have a solution for this problem?
Arpit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2008, 13:50   #132
BHPian

Hi Arpit,

I had the same problem in my ikon. Clean the petrol tank and entire fuel system and replace the fuel filter. Then every day, start the car in petrol and drive for a few kms and switch over to lpg. And when you park the car at night or for the day, dont forget to drive it in petrol for the last few kms.

If you follow this you will not have any problem running in petrol and lpg.
Ford_madhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2008, 23:15   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_madhan View Post
Hi Arpit,

I had the same problem in my ikon. Clean the petrol tank and entire fuel system and replace the fuel filter. Then every day, start the car in petrol and drive for a few kms and switch over to lpg. And when you park the car at night or for the day, dont forget to drive it in petrol for the last few kms.
If you follow this you will not have any problem running in petrol and lpg.

Thanks madhan, but sorry to disappoint you, i have already tried what you are asking me to follow, i had my tank cleaned up twice, changed the fuel filter, and being an automatic kit the car always starts in the Petrol Mode, the car worked fine for few days but again the problem crept up.
Arpit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2008, 13:47   #134
Rai
BHPian

Default LPG Kits

Hi All,
After Reading some of the LPG Kit issues, just out of curiosity I am asking these questions.
1 Question:
I was told by Many that Fiat Petra doesn't really has any LPG Kits available in India which can be fitted into Petra without Issues. I was told by many that Petra's ECU always gives problem with LPG Kits available in India? Is that True? I was also told by somebody that FIAT Italy has LPG Kits for Petra's!!! ... Is that True?
If this is true, what are the other Vehicles availabele India have has same explanation to go with ?

2nd Question:
I was also told that some people have tried to Convert Tata Safari-Petrol into LPG, but with Lots of issues? Does that mean Heavy Vehicles/Engines like Safari can not be fitted with LPG.

Thanks in advance.
Rai
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2008, 20:56   #135
Senior - BHPian

LPG conversion highly depends on type of kits and installer. Installer is very important person to make it happen. he should have right knowledge.

I have heard for vehicles like Petra/Safari/Innova Petrol good LPG conversion would cost 60,000/-, kit has to be sequential one preferably BRC/Mitsubhishi.

Tuning is very important aspect.

Regards,

Ravi.
ravibhat is offline   Reply With Quote