Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 30th January 2015, 11:32   #16
BHPian

Default Re: VW Vento: Contaminated MAF sensor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethari View Post
There is no tubing between the filter housing and the throttle. ...

I dont quite agree with SHOULD NOT spray any cleaners into the intake manifold. The STP carb cleaner is a water based cleaner that breaks up the carbon deposit (soot) in the tubings and helps vapourize it.

Hari
My mistake, there is a tubing before the air filter. This goes to the front of the car, near the grill.
The MAF sensor should be in this part..

STP the company name stands for Scientifically Treated Petroleum. All the carb cleaners i have used including ones form STP are solvent based.
but, i may be wrong, if some new product has been relased.. please share the details..

Ive sprayed a fine mist of water in old carbureted cars for cleaning the engine while running(old trick)
But this should not be used in EFI engines which have a plathora of sensors..
HimuraKenshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2015, 11:58   #17
BHPian

Default Re: VW Vento: Contaminated MAF sensor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HimuraKenshin View Post
My mistake, there is a tubing before the air filter. This goes to the front of the car, near the grill.
The MAF sensor should be in this part..

STP the company name stands for Scientifically Treated Petroleum. All the carb cleaners i have used including ones form STP are solvent based.
but, i may be wrong, if some new product has been relased.. please share the details..

There is nothing on the ducting between the grill and air filter housing. I have a feeling they have located the MAF sensor remotely with a suction pipe.

The carb cleaner can be found at http://www.ebay.in/itm/261695415253?...84.m1423.l2649

Hari
jethari is offline   Reply With Quote