Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 14th July 2017, 22:20   #31

Default Re: Verna Fluidic power steering malfunction and EPS indicator light ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

May sound silly but did you check the fuse for EPS?

Thanks for the reply. The fuse surely is intact. Stupid Hyundai shows "EPS" in the dashboard but calls the fuse "MDPS"
zoiks_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2017, 20:27   #32

Default Re: Verna Fluidic power steering malfunction and EPS indicator light ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoiks_guy View Post
Hello dear community,

Day before yesterday I started my Verna Fluidic Diesel hurriedly and tried to drive only to realise that power steering is not working. EPS indicator light has been on ever since. The night before I had parked it safe and sound with no problem whatsoever.

Took it to Sharayu HASS Turbhe. The advisor didn't do any scan and insisted that it ll take time. Later he called and mentioned that motor and EPS module need to changed. I find it unlikely that two parts would fail at the same time. Secondly, I don't think the advisor has even scanned once. I think EPS indicator can further give out DTC codes but the advisor insists that scanning won't help. Additionally, he says that module isn't available so I'll have to leave the car for about 3 days. All in all, I feel that he is not diagnosing right and just want to replace all possibly faulty parts. Have seen this attitude with SA @ Sharayu HASS invariably.
I have faced the same situation in my 2013 Grand i10. The EPS got cutoff, and the warning light came up on the dashboard. After performing a scan diagnosis for detecting failure codes, the service advisor told me that both the EPS control unit that costs ₹12,000 and the EPS motor that costs ₹6500 needs to be replaced, as they both show failure code.

The Hyundai service workshop (Sharath Hyundai, Turbhe) is not even willing to check the output signals of the controller and neither are able to give me a proper answer as to why both the EPS motor as well as the control unit have failed at the same time, with no inbuilt protection circuitry. I was also told that both the motor and controller are not repairable, and only a replacement would be possible. I would like to know what steps have you finally taken i.e did you replace only the EPS motor or both the motor and control unit.

The service advisor has told me that warranty of 6 months will not be applicable if only the EPS motor is replaced without a new control unit. I have also taken an opinion from other garages and they were not able to diagnose the correct issue. I have not taken extended warranty. What are my options. Should I go in for motor replacement only and take a chance?
thrust is offline   Reply With Quote