Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 4th May 2016, 23:05   #76

Originally Posted by manu220194 View Post
Update: This may seem like a long post, but bear with me.

His name is Shamim. He is truly an expert. We saw him working on an Audi, Mercedes, Skoda and Volkswagen. That gave me hope.

This guy spent 2 hrs trying to fix it, but couldn't. He asked for 45 minutes and tried to source the part. And Voila! True to his word, Shamim found us the part.

(His workshop stays open till 1 AM)
Thanks for this. As you may know, I've been having immobiliser issues with my i10. Even after replacing the PCM from Hyundai, my issues didn't not get resolved. ( I didn't post anything on Tbhp due to various reasons.) Due to my relationship with the workshop they gave to me in writing that the issue will be resolved else they will refund my payment. And they did.( LONG story, I may just write a thread regarding this i10 issue once I get a full report and solution )
I had saved my original PCM, so they fit that one back and did all the coding etc.

Coming back to the point, after speaking to numerous people about the issue, I called him up just before writing this post. He knew exactly what component in the PCM is causing this issues. Will meet him once he comes back from his trip.

I know I recommended you to go the OEM route, but thanks for this. If it weren't for you, I was actually hopeless.
He may probably be the one who solves my issue once and for all!!
I will continue this issue on the "My car won't start what to do" thread as it progresses!!

Thanks again!
hrbheda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2016, 17:31   #77
Team-BHP Support
Default Re: Airbags: All you need to know!

Just compare these two videos!

KWID (III) - No Airbags

KWID (III) - Driver Airbag

Source : Global NCAP Youtube
Rehaan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2016, 14:11   #78
Default Re: Airbags: All you need to know!

My friend told me about an incident concerning airbag deployment: His friend had a Honda City and while driving, he had hit a dog on the road. Unfortunately the airbag got activated, he lost control of his car and got into some serious injury. Though he is fine now, the damage caused the car to be written off.

Now, dogs are so common on Indian roads and after hearing this I seem to panic when I see the dog on my path
jowes is offline   Reply With Quote