Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 22nd August 2006, 18:24   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finetuning
Main benefit of using 2T is it increases the volumetric efficiency of engine......

Enjoy..........
Thank you Mr. Scientist hope that you have eyes good enough to see 30 microns and great that google can help you to turn into a great researcher, by the way do you know water helps in reducing detonation, hence more advance hence more intial power willing to try I dont think so???

Last edited by Psycho : 22nd August 2006 at 18:25.
Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2006, 18:31   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho
Thank you Mr. Scientist hope that you have eyes good enough to see 30 microns and great that google can help you to turn into a great researcher, by the way do you know water helps in reducing detonation, hence more advance hence more intial power willing to try I dont think so???
Once again, this time in English please, Keshav.
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2006, 18:52   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
Once again, this time in English please, Keshav.
Well there are a million techniques on the web for increasing performance and efficiency of your engines but please realise it is a virtual world and not all engines are built alike hence a technique can never be good for 2 different engines.

4 stroke engines are built not to use 2t and are lubricated by the oil in the sump. Use of 2t oil is used as a trick to provide lubrication for fresh engines however it has its own downsides it increases carbon production and can damage cat cons.

Quote:
by the way do you know water helps in reducing detonation, hence more advance hence more intial power willing to try I dont think so???
Now you take a call if you would even take my word on using water with fuel to decrease knocking on your engines.
Old 22nd August 2006, 19:01   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Dear keshav,

What u r trying to say is using water.....its well known fact ......water injection system works well to reduce detonation & then we can increase ingnition timing so that there is no pinging or knocking.....I mm planning to construct simple water injection system....can u help me......

My knowledge is nothing compared to u....infact I respect u deeply by ur knowledge......also what I m suggesting is used & tested......

Enjoy.....
finetuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2006, 19:21   #20
BHPian

Quote:

2)Very less blue white smoke from tail pipe.....I checked it many time by raising the accelerater....
Hi.. I just remember reading an article on the forum which said that blue white smoke out of the exhaust is because of leaking piston rings! I think it was Ram's article on howto run in a new engine!

has the blue-white smoke been coming since you've started using acetone? or was it because of a bad run-in/break-in???
shrivz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2006, 19:54   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Well there are a million techniques on the web for increasing performance and efficiency of your engines but please realise it is a virtual world and not all engines are built alike hence a technique can never be good for 2 different engines.
4 stroke engines are built not to use 2t and are lubricated by the oil in the sump. Use of 2t oil is used as a trick to provide lubrication for fresh engines however it has its own downsides it increases carbon production and can damage cat cons.
Now you take a call if you would even take my word on using water with fuel to decrease knocking on your engines.
Dear Keshav,
For most of us bhpians you are considered one of the great Minds of Team BHP.
Some of us like me are obsessed with finding the Holy Grail.
I.E. to get our cars to gives a great deal of power along with an increase in FE.
I know that Fe & power are inversely proportional.

You with your vast knowledge please do throw some tips our way whereby a bit of minor tinkering can help get us closer to this goal.
Yes you have raised a very valid point that the cat con can get damaged with the addition of 2T oil. any other side effects?
Thanks for playing the Devils Advocate

Last edited by Kaizer Sozay : 22nd August 2006 at 19:55.
Kaizer Sozay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2006, 20:06   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My knowledge is nothing compared to u....infact I respect u deeply by ur knowledge......also what I m suggesting is used & tested......
I am not discouraging anyone to try these techniques but be aware of the consequences of such experiments they can go awry sometimes.

All I say is that you find these use one thread to list them all out and leave it to the members to decide what they need to do.

PS: I learn each day myself.

Last edited by Psycho : 22nd August 2006 at 20:10.
Old 22nd August 2006, 20:30   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Psycho, accept your words, that is good to be careful. Personally, I am doing 2T with diesels - ref my first post in this thread.

Importantly, the recommended quantity here [for diesels] is 0.8 ml per litre = 0.08%. Even for petrol engines, the recommended quantity is still 0.25%, not the 2% - 3% that was used in 2 stroke engines.
condor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2006, 20:50   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor
Psycho, accept your words, that is good to be careful. Personally, I am doing 2T with diesels - ref my first post in this thread.

Importantly, the recommended quantity here [for diesels] is 0.8 ml per litre = 0.08%. Even for petrol engines, the recommended quantity is still 0.25%, not the 2% - 3% that was used in 2 stroke engines.
Condor small correction Its the same for Petrol as well. 0.8 ml per litre.
The difference in smoothness is very evident.

I have a Free flow exhaust so no Cat Con.

Anyways tomorow i am opening up my engine so i will check if the plugs have gotten black or any other issues. Will let you all know.
As of now pretty impressed with the 2T stuff
Old 22nd August 2006, 21:03   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

my bad - been following both threads - acetone with fuel and 2T with fuel ..
Old 22nd August 2006, 21:14   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor
my bad - been following both threads - acetone with fuel and 2T with fuel ..
Happens.
2T is 0.8 ML Per litre.
When i mixed 10 ML with 400 Ml petrol and kpet it overnight it totally mixed. I checked in the morning there was not a bit of residue which was a worry. So it kinda confirms to the theory of 0.08% & cant really casue much damage

Acetone is 2 ML Per litre but the recomended dose is 2.5 ml. I have found better results with 2ml. but you can try various combinations to see what works best or you.
Old 22nd August 2006, 23:04   #27
BHPian

The entire concept of using 2T oil in very tiny amount of 0.8 ml per liter of petrol/diesel is for the physical change in behaviour of fuel particles before combustion......in no way 2T oil must be used in 4 stroke engine for engine lubrication.....I urge all readers to study the links.....the main reason using PIB as a fuel enhancer can be studied....why not discuss that matter technically?.......and after all information super highway is for this only....any new technique or idea must be easily implemented....I still beleive most of us cant afford new car every few years.....so maintaining old one in good condition is the reason finding such affordable resources.......with money we can buy & enhance every little part of car............

Enjoy.....

Last edited by finetuning : 22nd August 2006 at 23:06.
Old 22nd August 2006, 23:15   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Psycho,

If TEAM-BHP becomes the platform for people like me to become scientist then isnt it good??And google is really such a great tool......by saying so u r discouraging all young students & prospective scientist....

Enjoy
Old 23rd August 2006, 08:12   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

guys, lets get back to the topic. Those of us who have tried, are trying after reading it up and deciding to take the risk. We know we cannot blame FT if anything happens. But if it works, fantastic.

For me, the car is behaving as said and expected - smoother, quieter. Idling speed has gone up by 100rpm, as against the projected 100-150 rpm.

Has anyone seen any -ve side-effects?

Last edited by condor : 23rd August 2006 at 08:14.
Old 23rd August 2006, 10:10   #30
BHPian

hi finetuning which other oil can be used or is it just castrol supertt
yogi1771 is offline   Reply With Quote