Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 4th April 2017, 21:00   #91
BHPian

Default Re: Ertiga, Dzire & Swift: Gearbox Synchronizer Failure

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpian View Post
is this a common occurrence in sx4 diesel as well?
This is also common issue within Sx4 (Diesel). I got them replaced under warranty. I know few other Sx4 owners who also had the same issue.
amitpunjani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2017, 09:18   #92
BHPian

@amit punjani.
How was your experience post replacement? Does it work fine? Asking you cause am almost finalising a sx4 diesel purchase so would love to hear from actual owners their views.
Regards,
Manoj.
scorpian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2017, 09:32   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
@amit punjani.
How was your experience post replacement? Does it work fine? Asking you cause am almost finalising a sx4 diesel purchase so would love to hear from actual owners their views.
Regards,
Manoj.
Manoj, Post replacement there are no problems that one will encounter as long as he workmanship during replacement of these Sync rings is handled professionally.

I have clocked around 23,000 Kms now after these rings were replaced in my Ertiga and have not faced recurring issues again.

However, I have also heard of cases where these rings (replaced ones) give up again after few years/kms while in many cases, it has never resurfaced again.

Since my running is quite higher than usual, I am sure I will know if the issue resurfaces sooner.

But otherwise, post replacement will not have any issues.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2017, 09:46   #94
BHPian

Quote:
@amit punjani.
Regards,
Manoj.
Manoj,

Just a go ahead, even I had this glitch that how will the car perform post replacement, but its all working fine (touchwood). Post replacement I have clocked around +30,000 km.

Its a fabulous car!

Wishing you happy miles crunching!

Amit
amitpunjani is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2017, 20:41   #95

This thread really is astonishing.

I too have a 2011 SWIFT ZDI, now run 72000 KMS, and have never faced any gear shift problems, except for a known SWIFT trait of not being to shift to Reverse smoothly, especially when engine is cold. Yet this problem happens 1 in 200 or shift attempts. Have serviced only at ASS so far.

One major complaint in my car was the leakage of Clutch Cylinder which ruined my otherwise OK clutch disk at around 50000 Kms. Had to replace the Clutch Cylinder and Clutch. Labour was done under extended warranty as also the C Cylinder. Had to pay for the Clutch Disk, which had at least 25000 KMs life left.

My close friend too has a 2013 VDI, which is not well cared for, with no gearshift/synchro issues. It has clocked more than 98000Kms.

Few other friends and relatives too own Swift, Dzires etc with absolutely no gearbox issues.

Intriguing.

I do agree that the Service costs of Maruti are now very high and not reasonable, especially since they are not selling Luxury cars. Spare cost and longevity too is not exemplary.

The Works Manager at the ASS where I service my car, says that the AMT of Celerio is of a faulty design and causes problems. But Ertiga, Swift, Dzire etc, I have never heard of gearbox issues.

I think Maruti is taking customers for granted...

Last edited by GTO : 15th April 2017 at 09:34. Reason: Small language tweaks
snappysam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2017, 09:30   #96
BHPian

Yes Maruti seems to be getting costly day by day, in some cases cost of labour is more then cost of part.

Last edited by scorpian : 15th April 2017 at 09:32.
scorpian is offline   Reply With Quote