Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 7th November 2015, 01:52   #76
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Cars that still have a hydraulic steering

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
I guess its offtopic, but still, just to clarify. I have both the Palio and the Fiesta. I dont think the Fiesta matches the Palio in the raw feel and Fun to Drive. Yes, its ok by sedan standards, but no comparo with palio. Drive hard and the palio wins hands down. That said @gibikote, I somehow have felt the fords to have better steering, if thats only what you are looking for.

Otherwise, for a second car, you have plenty of options.
I suppose it is all down to personal preference. For me the slick shifting gearbox with short throws, well measured pedal travel along with the chatty steering all came together to make the driving position spot-on and the rev-happy duratec in the Ford makes things more interesting. In contrast the Palio's gearbox wasn't as slick and the long throws mixed with the fact that the clutch pedal sank far too long and did not feel as well calibrated nor was it in sync with the A and B pedals, making rev-matching really difficult. The motor is as refined and while it does have a meaty mid-range that doesn't make up for the loss of rpm range according to me. Perhaps you could describe why the Palio feels better to you

Last edited by IshaanIan : 7th November 2015 at 02:18.
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2015, 06:28   #77
BHPian

Thanks for the suggestions; but Cedia, Fiesta and Fabia will not be on the short list as I am looking for a hatchback (for a 6' tall me) with adequate steering feedback and feel, on a budget. TN registration... Did think of the Fusion too (keeping sitting position and other positives in mind) but scared of the negative comments on the net regarding parts availability, which seems easier for the Palio.
@Dhanushs what were you having in mind?

Last edited by gibikote : 7th November 2015 at 06:31.
gibikote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2015, 11:45   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibikote View Post
Thanks for the suggestions; but Cedia, Fiesta and Fabia will not be on the short list as I am looking for a hatchback (for a 6' tall me) with adequate steering feedback and feel, on a budget. TN registration... Did think of the Fusion too (keeping sitting position and other positives in mind) but scared of the negative comments on the net regarding parts availability, which seems easier for the Palio.
@Dhanushs what were you having in mind?
Well the S10 and GTX versions make the Palio the hottest hatchback around If you are looking at higher seating though, may I recommend chucking the Fusion and thinking of a Forester instead? The boxer engine does marvels to aid the low center of gravity making this my favorite SUV or in other words, the only one that brings a smile to my face
IshaanIan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2015, 20:50   #79
BHPian

IshaanIan: cant think of Forester on my budget...
Keeping eyes wide open.
Will also go through the other thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...est-worst.html (Steering Feel & Feedback - Your Nominees for the Best & the Worst!)
gibikote is offline   Reply With Quote