Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 31st March 2015, 11:02   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default Mahindra's BLUE SENSE app for the XUV500 and new Scorpio

In 2012, Mahindra introduced the BLUE SENSE app for the XUV500. This app could sync with the vehicle's infotainment system via Bluetooth and users were not only able to control the music / radio channels but also view vehicle information on their smartphone such as climate control, distance to empty, tyre pressure, vehicle service reminder, door-open warning etc. However, it was limited to android phones only.

Mahindra have now introduced the app for iOS users for the XUV500. After 24,000 downloads of this app, it has been developed for Apple devices and can be downloaded from the Apple App Store.

This app has also been introduced across the Windows and Android platforms for the new Scorpio.

Click to download the app for the XUV500 and new Scorpio.

Mahindra's BLUE SENSE app for the XUV500 and new Scorpio-mr-rajan-wadhera-launchig-blue-sense-app.jpg

Image: Rajan Wadhera, Chief Executive – Truck, Powertrain Division and Head – Mahindra Research Valley

Last edited by S2!!! : 31st March 2015 at 11:07.
S2!!! is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2015, 13:08   #2
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Mahindra's BLUE SENSE app for the XUV500 and new Scorpio

I have been using the Bluesense app for quite some time now. I only use it to get Tyre pressure readings in PSI format as the Infotainment system only says "OK" if the tyre pressure is in the recommended range. It can be a good app for chauffeur driven since Infotainment system can be accessed from back seat using the app.
.anshuman is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2015, 15:03   #3
BHPian

Default Re: Mahindra's BLUE SENSE app for the XUV500 and new Scorpio

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
I have been using the Bluesense app for quite some time now. I only use it to get Tyre pressure readings in PSI format as the Infotainment system only says "OK" if the tyre pressure is in the recommended range. It can be a good app for chauffeur driven since Infotainment system can be accessed from back seat using the app.
true, the real advantage is tire pressure and temp values though i dont understand why that is not shown on the infotainment system in the first place. Btw I have noticed that the app drains the battery very fast on my SGS5.
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2015, 23:26   #4
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Sheel mentioned that the new Scorp's infotainment system does show the pressure and temperature directly in the system and don't need the app just for that. Since the data is anyways available, its a matter of a software upgrade on the XUV's infotainment system for it to start showing the pressure/temperature directly in the system. Somehow I am hopeful that the software upgrade would happen in the XUV's infotainment system sooner or later (along with Mahindra proudly announcing it with a press-release :P ).

Last edited by SDP : 31st March 2015 at 23:44.
SDP is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote