Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 9th October 2016, 11:48   #211

Default Re: VW Polo / Vento DSG: Gearbox Jerking Issue! EDIT: now resolved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by novice View Post
Classic symptoms of excessive play are gerky gear changes, leaping forward when coming to stop and clutch slip when going uphill especially in D2.

DSG adaptation would solve all of them.
Really? Just to be sure we're talking about the right kind of jerking, the jerking I'm experiencing is very violent. Similar to what would happen if you're driving along at 30kph and full on jam the brakes for a second and then let off. People in the car get thrown forward. It is very concerning.
longsyntax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2016, 12:46   #212
BHPian

No...the kind of jerks you are describing is extreme. But a DSG with improper adaptation wouod behave really bad. You mentioned that you chenged plates. Was it done at the dealership ? If not, I would strongly recommend DSG adaptation. It doesn't cost anything and it is safe.

Last edited by novice : 9th October 2016 at 12:47.
novice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2016, 13:17   #213
BHPian

In fact if I recall my experience with the DSG, what you describe indeed point to improper adaptation. I did face such violent shifts after my clutch clocked 30k kms.
novice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2016, 17:13   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmadnaik View Post
Against all odds, I trusted that Volkswagen must have sorted out the gearbox issues that plagued the DQ200 DSG Dry Dual Clutch boxes, but alas - it was not so

I think my post must begin with the summary of my experience with Volkswagen -

Brilliant cars, unmatched stability - terrible service, and absolutely non-reciprocative customer service!
I had to throw my Vento tsi out of my ownership due to the same reason above. Sigh, they are screwing a good product with pathetic service
MuzzledMoose is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote