Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 17th November 2015, 10:04   #31

Default re: Many Electrical issues with my 2014 Tata Safari Storme. Now sorted

I have more or less the same issues in a reduced scale. This has started after the recent ladakh circuit drive. Went to the SC in Noida, they did something, but was not fixed. Felt the same issue while driving back to Kolkata. At time when there is no electricity to ignite the engine, I open the fuse box and just ensure that the fuses are all in place by pushing them back manually into their slots. This helps with the electricity flowing back and the engine starts. I am going to another SC in Kolkata for the same. I will update.
redracham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2015, 20:19   #32
BHPian

Tata and electronics is like having Medium Rare Steak with Laddu. Never goes well together.

Please check the alternator regulator before anything else. Its the "hot" moving item with any Tata spare parts dealer. The regulator in Tata vehicles give up for apparently no reason and the car behaves like its possessed.
I have personally experienced it in the Sumo 4x4, Indica, couple of Sierras and the Safari.

Last edited by jeeva : 18th November 2015 at 20:20.
jeeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2016, 23:33   #33
BHPian

Update: My Storme has done around 10000 kms after the rectification of the issue. The issue has never cropped up again and the vehicle is running fine. Sunny days or Rainy days, things are working perfectly now.

Thanks to tbhp, the concerned people took note of the issue and dealer was notified who rectified it within 2 days.

Last edited by sandeep_vgl : 17th January 2016 at 23:40.
sandeep_vgl is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2016, 09:44   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep_vgl View Post
Update: My Storme has done around 10000 kms after the rectification of the issue. The issue has never cropped up again and the vehicle is running fine. Sunny days or Rainy days, things are working perfectly now.

Thanks to tbhp, the concerned people took note of the issue and dealer was notified who rectified it within 2 days.
Good to hear that! Could you edit the title of the thread to reflect this? Would give an accurate picture of the current status.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote