Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 23rd September 2015, 15:13   #31
pkb

Default Re: Build Report: Ariel Atom Replica from Kolkata

Wow. That's some tenacity to convert dream into reality. All I can say is I didn't even notice the Jag and Merc in on of the pictures. Only realised these two cars after reading one of the comments. The replica is that commanding. Well done and all the best with the new assignment. Looking forward.

Last edited by GTO : 23rd September 2015 at 15:20. Reason: Language
pkb is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2015, 19:41   #32

Amazing job Ezio Riddhi. It really is a Mad Max. Unbelievable, I can't trust my eyes looking at the Car.

Usually when I see a modified car or a bike, I look for perfection as to the design, details on engine placement and accessories used in modification. This one stands out. Really can't believe, you guys have achieved making this awesome Ariel Atom at that garage. I thoroughly enjoyed reading your narration. Superb

Please post a video of the vehicle in action.

Mod Note: Please avoid typing like... this...

Last edited by ampere : 25th September 2015 at 07:02. Reason: Formatted Post; Dotty Post
shiva_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2015, 23:59   #33
BHPian

Take a bow gentlemen.
This is outworldly. Starting from bare scratch and achieving what you have is truly a remarkable job.
Kudos and best wishes.
maverick.munish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2015, 11:30   #34
BHPian

Hello. Congrats on your build and your work of craftsmanship is excellent from what i can gather from these pics. Just a query I've been itching to know. To be road-legal does it not require homologation? Did you register the vehicle at the nearest RTO? Do cops not bother you for the absence of number plates?
Nithesh_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2015, 16:20   #35
BHPian

Great work people..
Massive respect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathucider View Post
That is some amazing work there!
I must add that quite a few colleges in India construct cars for racing and learning purposes (Some of these being Formula Manipal from MIT Manipal, Orion Racing from KJ Somaiya and Ashwa Racing from RVCE Bangalore). They not only design the cars, but also manufacture quite a significant portion of them as well.
Yes. Every year, close to 100 cars are built for Supra SAE India competitions and 100 more for BAJA SAE India competitions, by college students. These cars are pitted against each other in full fledged endurance races which is really challenging and lots of fun.
These sort of competitions bring out the best of creativity in our students and judging by the progress in quality year on year, we can safely say that this skill is only growing manifold.
srinitdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2015, 11:10   #36
BHPian

@Aditya,
I would like to get in touch with the creators of Ariel Replica, to create Ariel Nomad replica.
I have following questions to them.
1. Which vehicle to cannibalize (Donor Vehicle)
2. How they solved suspension mount point issues.
3. Ride and Handling and road manners.
4. Steering and Seating position
5. What was their budget.
jhenu is offline   Reply With Quote