Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 29th March 2012, 12:40   #556
BHPian

Default Re: For All Car Lovers - Keeping Your Car Clean

Folks if someone uses Amway car wash and silicon polish and want to buy please take from me. My mistake me and wife ordered separately and we have 2 bottles of each and I want to dispose of one set. Please PM me.

Note This is not a self promotion/selling. Just want to dispose of extra bottles as it will take considerable time to finish one set and products will become old.
aka_iitd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2015, 14:29   #557
BHPian

Some very useful tips

navsjab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2016, 13:49   #558

first things first, thank you Rudra Sen for that really good insight into car cleaning. its really nice to read and very useful for rookies like me i just have one question though pertaining to the cloths used. what material would you suggest? im not exactly able to relate to the "blue" and "yellow-brown" cloths you suggested. Do you by any chance mean microfibre? or just plain cotton cloth? i tried using those widely available orange cloths and other cotton cloths but i just see them spreading the dust over the body of the car and not exactly removing it. havent tried microfibre yet because its expensive(slightly). A little more detail as to exactly what material to use would be extremely helpful for me. thank you
Deepak Ramana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2016, 14:22   #559
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepak Ramana View Post
.... Do you by any chance mean microfibre? or just plain cotton cloth? i tried using those widely available orange cloths and other cotton cloths but i just see them spreading the dust over the body of the car and not exactly removing it. ...
You could take a look at the hugely successful product called Jopasu: http://www.amazon.in/Jopasu-Care-Sma...a-c97210464b0a

I have not used one but all reports seem to say it is very effective.
anupmathur is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2016, 14:26   #560
BHPian

Default For All Car Lovers - Keeping Your Car Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
You could take a look at the hugely successful product called Jopasu: http://www.amazon.in/Jopasu-Care-Sma...a-c97210464b0a

Ive used the jopasu duster, wiped my car off everyday. Its exactly a year old now. Havent cleaned or washed the duster a single time.
Now, after a year, its a little dusty, so it takes longer to wipe dust off.. But still does the job..
kkkkkaran is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2016, 14:28   #561

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post

thank you anupmathur thats a very nice bundle indeed. however, I do have a duster already. what this does confirm for me though is that microfibre sure is effective.
Deepak Ramana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2016, 16:03   #562
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepak Ramana View Post
...A little more detail as to exactly what material to use would be extremely helpful for me. thank you
Hi Deepak Ramana, A quality micro fibre cloth is the best there is for cleaning car. Also, it does not leave water mark behind when used squeezing off water. It is much easier and faster to clean car using micro fibre cloth, it lasts longer too. I have used several cloths before and nothing is as good as this. Yes, orange and other cotton cloths leave dust behind. Invest in a good micro fibre cloth and experience the difference yourself.
Torino is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote