Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 17th October 2015, 09:13   #1
Default Where to buy junk / used car parts?

**Mods, I couldn't find a relevant thread for this. Kindly merge with another thread if this isn't the appropriate place.

I am looking for a good junkyard/scrap dealer shop where I can hunt for some used replacement parts. Preferably in/around Gurgaon, any recommendations for places where I can find such parts? Do conventional auto-spare shops also stock used parts?

As an example, the MID in the Manza has conked off and Tata quoted 13k for a replacement, while local garages couldn't manage to fix it.

Last edited by Tanmay K : 17th October 2015 at 09:17.
Tanmay K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2015, 09:36   #2
Default re: Where to buy junk / used car parts?

Mayapuri Junk Market - This is a smallish area - entry is from near the Honda Showroom on the Mayapuri main road. Good for engine/gearbox parts, bearings and the like.

Kashmere Gate Car parts Market - Walk from Kashmere Gate metro towards Hamilton road. This is a car parts market. No scrap stuff, but a huge variety of both genuine and unbranded parts of all kinds. Ask around for a shop which specializes in your specific need.

And the ultimate car scrap market haven - Sotiganj in Meerut
adisag is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2016, 15:39   #3
Default Car scrap yards in Hyderabad for spare parts

Hi guys, I need some spare parts for my cars and I'm looking for a scrap yard in Hyderabad. I know about Afzal Gunj but that place has dismantled parts and only for common cars like Indica, Santro, etc.

I'm looking for a place that has the entire car that's going to be scrapped before being dismantled. There are such scrap yards in other states but I haven't found one in Hyderabad. There must be some dealers around that buy cars from insurance companies in order to dismantle them.

I wanted to post this in the Team-BHP Directory section but the rules state that threads should not be started there for asking questions.
bowser is offline   Reply With Quote