Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2015, 13:40   #31
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 388
Thanked: 124 Times
Default Re: ABS repair in India

Well final update on this issue. Apparently Skoda JMD was asked to repair it at their own cost. While they seem to have fixed the issue, they are refusing to give me a bill/invoice that states that the item is replaced or fixed. This is ridiculous.
jinu_joseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2016, 07:57   #32
BHPian
 
Sam.k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 152
Thanked: 37 Times
Default Re: ABS repair in India

Restarting the thread:

Last week,the ESP,ABS,PS and hand brake lights started flashing randomly along with beeps and a jumping speedo needle while driving within city limits on my 08 Jetta DSG. Things returned to normalcy after i parked on the roadside and restarted.This went on for another day and became a constant whenever i started the car.On the way to VW service,the car started to stall intermittently,like the brakes were getting jammed or loss of power to the wheels on and off.Diagnosis are still on and are checking on wiring's as well at the service center. They believe it could be the ABS control module for all they know and the part costs something like $1300 or so.Going forward,what are my options apart from replacing the entire unit as its way to expensive to spend on a 72K miles done six year old used car.I still haven't asked for the exact fault codes which i should be getting by EOD today.Are used or refurbished modules a good option?I also doubt that it could just be some malfunctioning or dirty sensors.Do these modules wear out so soon?

Could the above scenario also result in the clutch damage by any chance?I could really do well with some help here.Thanks

Sam
Sam.k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2016, 08:48   #33
Senior - BHPian
 
audioholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: BengaLuru
Posts: 2,867
Thanked: 3,706 Times
Default Re: ABS repair in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam.k View Post
Restarting the thread:
I still haven't asked for the exact fault codes which i should be getting by EOD today.Are used or refurbished modules a good option?I also doubt that it could just be some malfunctioning or dirty sensors.Do these modules wear out so soon?
First get to know the exact error codes or diagnosis as shown by the VAG scan tool. Then you can get a picture of what as per the car is the issue. Later, you can decide what do do with it.

I presume your car has had ZERO electrical tampering. If you have got some accessories installed both aftermarket and the dealer, check their wiring first. ESP units dont fail that easily. Hence rule out all other possibilities and then arrive at the ESP unit. Wiring issues can trigger multiple lights at the same time since if the car's CAN network is tampered with, it will affect the data that is transmitted between various modules.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2016, 08:54   #34
BHPian
 
Sam.k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 152
Thanked: 37 Times
Default Re: ABS repair in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
First get to know the exact error codes or diagnosis as shown by the VAG scan tool. Then you can get a picture of what as per the car is the issue. Later, you can decide what do do with it.

I presume your car has had ZERO electrical tampering. If you have got some accessories installed both aftermarket and the dealer, check their wiring first. ESP units dont fail that easily. Hence rule out all other possibilities and then arrive at the ESP unit. Wiring issues can trigger multiple lights at the same time since if the car's CAN network is tampered with, it will affect the data that is transmitted between various modules.
I am certain that the cars electrical's have not been tampered with and its bone stock with no aftermarket electrical accessories.Waiting for the error codes from VW service.I am also thinking exactly the way you do,but the ASC guys have been hinting me on the module ass a whole in the past three days of diagnosis.They haven't confirmed though.
Sam.k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2016, 08:55   #35
Team-BHP Support
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 11,626
Thanked: 8,731 Times
Default Re: ABS repair in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam.k View Post
Restarting the thread:

They believe it could be the ABS control module for all they know and the part costs something like $1300 or so.Going forward,what are my options apart from replacing the entire unit as its way to expensive to spend on a 72K miles done six year old used car.I still haven't asked for the exact fault codes which i should be getting by EOD today.Are used or refurbished modules a good option?I also doubt that it could just be some malfunctioning or dirty sensors.Do these modules wear out so soon?

Could the above scenario also result in the clutch damage by any chance?I could really do well with some help here.Thanks

Sam
It could be this

http://www.ecutesting.com/vw_golf_to...mp_module.html
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2016, 12:11   #36
BHPian
 
Sam.k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 152
Thanked: 37 Times
Default Re: ABS repair in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Thanks ajmat,I laded on this page as well while browsing.I shall update the thread once i hear from the VW ASS.
Sam.k is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore) decode Bangalore 264 8th May 2017 12:15
Can the functionality of ABS be simulated on Non-ABS cars? abhinav.s Technical Stuff 54 24th February 2010 14:51
swiftDz ZDi Vs verna SX Abs Vs fiesta sxi tdci abs Vs logan dlsx Vs indigo XL G-dicor dayaraamm Sedans 1 27th August 2008 14:22
Fusion + ABS or Baleno VXI or Accent Viva ABS? What to buy? Confused like anything.. sendu79 Sedans 47 3rd June 2006 20:21


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 06:05.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks