Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 11th September 2006, 16:49   #1
Default Problem with Indigo's gearbox

Today, I was driving from Mumbai to Pune in my cousin's Indigo and all of a sudden when we reached the Expressway exit, the gear got stuck into 5th and refused to come out. After a few tries, we managed to shift it back to neutral, but then realised that the lever came back to neutral and I was also able to engage other gears, but the car remained engaged in 5th. Had to start the car and drive it to the dealer workshop nearby (B.U. Bhandari). The service advisor asked us to drop the car and said that he will have to open and check out the gearbox. Any known causes for this happening. The car had undergone 30k service on last week at HAN Auto. Also, surprisingly the clutch had been replaced just a month ago. The car is out of warranty now.
hawkeye is offline   Reply With Quote