Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Closed Thread

Old 16th September 2006, 21:18   #16
BHPian

Actually I was under impression that its free for all Fiesta owners from Ford. If its paid too then is it really good idea to go for it?
Old 16th September 2006, 22:30   #17
Senior - BHPian

Total maintanence costs Rs. 39,690 for 3 years. if you purchase it within 3 month of the purchase of the car.
Old 19th September 2006, 10:52   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh
Total maintanence costs Rs. 39,690 for 3 years. if you purchase it within 3 month of the purchase of the car.
My goodness!!! And what maintenance does this cover? I hope everything, including regular services, oil, filters, coolants etc, right? What else?
Old 19th September 2006, 10:59   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh
Abhi, I think you've got the figure wrong, it should be around 13k if I'm not mistaken....that was the figure they gave me when I purchased mine. I think the figure of 39k is if you want to cover an additional year or kms over and above the standard period (which is 2 years or 30k kms if I'm not mistaken)
@Yeis - it covers all material & labour costs excluding fabric & rubber for the duration of the plan
Old 19th September 2006, 11:05   #20
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Did double check on the ford website.. Its 40k for diesel total maintainence plan for 3years/60k KM. Check it over here http://www.india.ford.com/servlet/Co...Page&c=DFYPage

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman
Abhi, I think you've got the figure wrong, it should be around 13k if I'm not mistaken....that was the figure they gave me when I purchased mine. I think the figure of 39k is if you want to cover an additional year or kms over and above the standard period (which is 2 years or 30k kms if I'm not mistaken)
@Yeis - it covers all material & labour costs excluding fabric & rubber for the duration of the plan
Old 30th May 2015, 13:10   #21
BHPian

Default Re: Service Costs : Fiesta TDCI

Reviving a "slightly" old thread. Just did the 20,000 kms (1 year) regular service on my Classic TDCi. The total cost including labour turned out to be Rs.4758. Attaching the details of the bill.

Name:  01.jpg
Views: 884
Size:  223.0 KB

Name:  02.jpg
Views: 873
Size:  107.4 KB

The only additional replacements in this service was the air and pollen filter. Last time for oil and filter change I had to pay just Rs.2500 in total (including wheel balancing and alignment). But the bill of the same is missing and I'm finding it difficult to check where the additional cost turned up. Could fellow Fiesta/Figo users help me out here?
Old 30th May 2015, 13:29   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiGOD View Post
The only additional replacements in this service was the air and pollen filter. Last time for oil and filter change I had to pay just Rs.2500 in total (including wheel balancing and alignment). But the bill of the same is missing and I'm finding it difficult to check where the additional cost turned up. Could fellow Fiesta/Figo users help me out here?
Your last(2nd service) was a free service without the labor component of ~1200 excluded from the total.

The labor includes oil service+AC pollen filter replacement+brake cleaning+car (interior+exterior) wash.
ramzsys is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2015, 13:34   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
The labor includes oil service+AC pollen filter replacement+brake cleaning+car (interior+exterior) wash.
As the method of cleaning the car was horrible, I asked them not to do it. They told that the body wash was free but the interior cleaning costed Rs.1000. Last time also I opted out of it and saved Rs.1000 (i.e the actual quote given initially was Rs.3500). So this is the labour for oil service, filter replacement and brake cleaning right?
Old 30th May 2015, 14:15   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiGOD View Post
So this is the labour for oil service, filter replacement and brake cleaning right?
Yes. The periodic service labor charge covers it all. For your next service(20k or 2 year), a brake/clutch fluid replacement is there, but if you opt for HPS, they would add the labor for the fluid change and brake cleaning separately. So don't!

Happy Pocket Service is only beneficial for those who don't want to prolong their oil change interval to 1 year/10k km.

If you want to save, just refuse the wheel alignments, you would save a 500 there and that's about it.
ramzsys is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2015, 13:38   #25

I have a 2007 model Ford Fiesta 1.4 Tdci. I have always got it serviced at Ford Service at Abids, Hyderabad.
After over 8.5 years of experience with Ford Service I have the following points to make:

1. The engine and transmission of the car is very good quality and having good reliability and have had no troubles so far
2. I can't say the same about reliability of the rest of the parts in the car. My experience has been that something or the other keeps failing at least every 4 to 5 months after first 2 years requiring expensive repairs.
2. Ford ASS does not believe in repair but replace
3. Ford genuine spares are damn expensive! Some times 1.5X to 3X More expensive than similar spares of other cars in the same segment.
4. The service engineers seem to push for replacement of spares. Every time I go to the service station I end up spending Rs 12,000 or significantly more on an average and that too twice a year! Ford Fiesta 2007 model has a service interval of 6 months or 10,000 KM. I almost get a sense that the service representatives have a monthly quota of spares that they must push sale!

Ford cars service costs are very high and thus the total cost of ownership of Ford cars over a 5 to 8 year period might be significantly higher than Hondas or Hyundais!
I suspect that this might be their sales strategy of hooking on the customer with an initial lower price point offering and once the customer is locked in (because they purchased a Ford), more than makeup that shortfall by fleecing the customer on very high A.S.S costs. As now the customer is a captive money machine because having bought a Ford they have no option but to fork out money on expensive Ford A.S.S
All in all this means that the money you save upfront buy buying a slightly cheaper car compared to similar cars in the segment is amply made up by atrociously high service costs throughout the life of the car.

This is something prospective Ford buyers need to keep in mind while making a purchase decision.

Sometimes it may be worthwhile paying the initial higher sticker price of a more reliable car such as a Honda , Toyota or a Hyundai as the overall total cost of ownership over a 6 to 8 year period might be comparable and even lower than Ford. Add to that the higher used car valuation of these brands.

I have made up my mind to consciously avoid the Ford brand when I go in for a new car. There cars might be fun to drive, but the amount it hurts your pocket in expensive A.S.S to drive Ford takes away the fun in the end!

What has been the experience of other Ford owners?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 7th September 2015 at 16:48.
ssenhyd is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread