Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 24th May 2017, 17:41   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Renault Duster 110 PS - Fuel Injector Issue

My 2015 110 AWD was today diagnosed with fuel injector failure for the 4th cylinder (@ 21.3K KMs). The SA just confirmed that it has been replaced under warranty (cost ~ Rs 27K). They will hold it overnight for a cold start test tomorrow morning.

My Extended Warranty, which kicked off just 10 days ago, paid for itself.

Symptoms started around 15K KMs - first sensor and ESP lights, and later the Engine light on the dashboard. But they would go away after a few mins or after a restart. At that time, I also had to replace my rear drum brake liners (always replaced in pairs) because one of them splintered (!). The lights did not appear after that liner replacement and at the 20K service I was told it could be the brakes and put on a wait and watch.

Two days ago all three icons lit up and refused to go away (~21.6K KMs). The engine rattles several notches more on start and distinct vibrations seeps through steering, gear knob and pedals. It felt like I was driving with my handbrakes pulled on.

After this happened I just drove it to the workshop 25 KMs away (somewhere I read it should be immobilized and towed). Hoping this did not cause additional damage elsewhere. The mechanic looked at the lights and immediately recognized the issue. He still took took a drive with me - so may be not that critical to immobilize.
subuiyer is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2017, 09:34   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subuiyer View Post
My 2015 110 AWD was today diagnosed with fuel injector failure for the 4th cylinder (@ 21.3K KMs).....
An update:

The workshop replaced the faulty injector and a seal ring. They also open-checked my rear drum brakes and outside/inside washed the vehicle.

I have since driven 300KMs without any issues - Duster feels 'normal' again.

This was done under Extended Warranty I bought at the time of vehicle purchase. The service rep said being in the extended warranty period required Company inspector to do a physical inspection before approving the replacement under warranty. This extended the service time by one day - overall it was in the workshop for 3 days.

Overall, I am happy with the way they handled it and the work done - the first major repair on the my vehicle and also the first time I stepped out of the workshop without paying a dime.
subuiyer is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2017, 13:35   #18

Hi Subuiyer,

I am facing the same injector issue with my Duster 110 in Mumbai. Would love to know the name of the service advisor you used who handled your issue so quickly, as I have been getting jerked around for the last 7 weeks at both Pune & Mumbai dealerships.

Please send your email id or contact number to treetribe@gmail.com

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by subuiyer View Post
An update:
...overall it was in the workshop for 3 days.

Overall, I am happy with the way they handled it and the work done - the first major repair on the my vehicle and also the first time I stepped out of the workshop without paying a dime.
Hi, I have a similar issue with my Duster 110 in Mumbai. Could you provide the name of the Service Advisor who helped you out?

Last edited by bblost : 21st June 2017 at 14:35. Reason: Back 2 Back posts.
treetribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2017, 14:00   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by treetribe View Post
I am facing the same injector issue with my Duster 110 in Mumbai.... I have been getting jerked around for the last 7 weeks at both Pune & Mumbai dealerships...
Treetribe - sorry to hear about your Duster.

What is your Odo?
Is it still within warranty?

Please can you describe the symptoms and also the your experience with the dealers in detail here?

I have emailed you the contact details separately. Let us know how it goes.
subuiyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2017, 12:42   #20

hi, just wanted to provide an update.

@subuiyer, thanks for the message and email.

some history:
my car is a June 2013 Duster 110PS - RXL. Odometer is 8,600km (yes thats 8,600). around mid-may, my father set off at 5am in the Duster from Mumbai to Pune. just before the expressway, the car started shuddering and engine warning lights came on. engine response was weak. he turned the car off, waiting a few mins and restarted and everything was normal so he carried on to Pune. again in Pune he noticed same problem, so he took the car to Renault workshop in Pune. there they claimed that the car needed a software update, and went ahead and kept the car for two days and did the update. next day he again set off from Pune - Mumbai and upon getting on the eastern express freeway at chembur, again the same problem resurfaced. when we sent the car to renault mumbai (jogeshwari), they initially claimed problem with software, and wanted to do an update. after keeping the car for over a week, they confirmed problem with injector.

eventually, renault workshop in jogeshwari kept my car for 12 days, but replaced the faulty injector without a big fuss. car was just barely a month out of warranty. i was only charged for the petrol required for 150km driving test after replacement.

all in all, i'm satisfied with their service, but not so satisfied with the Duster.
treetribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2017, 13:52   #21
BHPian

Hi all

Could you all provide your contact number? You can send it to melvinvincent@gmail.com. I am opening a WA group for the injector failure owners group. We have about 10 members now.

Last edited by suchit23 : 3rd July 2017 at 13:55.
suchit23 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2017, 22:42   #22

Sorry for taking this long to respond. The service station changed the no.3 injector (third from the pulley side) and there was some injector noise initially. After about 2000-3000kms that noise seems to have died down, and the engine now is running smoothly. Given the costs involved, I am thinking of religiously using a diesel additive from Iftex to ensure that any contamination, which is not uncommon in India, does not get to the engine.
Dhairyasheel is offline   Reply With Quote