Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 13th December 2015, 11:35   #31
BHPian

Looking at the rains these dealer/insurance fellows might have at least sent an SMS with instructions to reove battery and not start the car if submerged. I hear a lot about customer delight, but never see such simple actions being initiated
sukarsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2015, 14:00   #32
BHPian

Default Re: Flood damage, door jammed. Won't open

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukarsan View Post
Looking at the rains these dealer/insurance fellows might have at least sent an SMS with instructions to reove battery and not start the car if submerged. I hear a lot about customer delight, but never see such simple actions being initiated
I received multiple SMSs from Tata Service center and some insurance providers(current and unrelated!).
knaveen is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2015, 12:11   #33
BHPian

@madbullram: any developments on the car front? Hopefully you can sort this out as soon as possible.

I met a friend over the weekend and turns out that his Honda City was also flooded in Velachery. Inspector from Bajaj Allianz hasn't come yet and the dealer, Capital, hasn't sent someone over to inspect too. I suggested the same to him as I did to you.

By the way, charging Rs. 10,000 to inspect is daylight robbery. The dealer definitely wants to make the most of the inspection. I was driving by the Velachery by-pass last night on the way to the airport, and I was shocked at the number of Ford vehicles waiting for service inspection. I can't begin to imagine the killing these dealers will make on the owner's loss.

Quite sad really
qr20de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2015, 19:06   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by qr20de View Post
@madbullram: any developments on the car front? Hopefully you can sort this out as soon as possible.

Quite sad really
I am trying to negotiate with them to give an estimation for 5K since I am also planning to buy Brio AT from them. But having seen the gesture from Maruti and Ford, I am now thinking if I stop my loyalty towards honda.

Ask your friend to call Bajaj and put pressure. Ask him to get the Surveyor number so he can directly talk to him. Thats what I did and the L&T surveyor came home.
madbullram is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2015, 19:26   #35
Senior - BHPian

10K certainly appears high. Anything that prevents you to employ a FNG for a quote and avoid the dealer ?

I think you should bring this to Honda's notice . This was a state calamity they're taking advantage of.

Last edited by sdp1975 : 14th December 2015 at 19:31.
sdp1975 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2015, 21:48   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
10K certainly appears high. Anything that prevents you to employ a FNG for a quote and avoid the dealer ?

I think you should bring this to Honda's notice . This was a state calamity they're taking advantage of.
What is FNG? I already told Honda by calling toll free they said they will look into it. They didnt give me a complaint number or anything. So I dont think they will do aynything.

I also checked if I can get from a independent garage and surveyor told me it might result in problems so always better to get it from authorised dealer in a total loss claim to avoid any problems with insurer.
madbullram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2015, 22:02   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbullram View Post
What is FNG?... They didnt give me a complaint number or anything. So I dont think they will do aynything...
Friendly Neighborhood Garage.

Mail Honda, in general it's wise to follow a rule of, "if it isn't documented/in writing, it didn't happen."

Quote:
I also checked if I can get from a independent garage and surveyor told me it might result in problems so always better to get it from authorised dealer in a total loss claim to avoid any problems with insurer.
Ever wondered, what vested interest could the surveyor have, to discourage an assessment that's independent of the dealer, when a huge number of cars in a city are being 'certified' as total loss & car dealers are arbitrarily charging an unreasonably huge amount for estimation ?

IMHO do consider that it wouldn't hurt much to get an independent assessment from an FNG, atleast initially.

Maybe check the terms of insurance & mail them asking if an independent assessment can be provided.
WorkingGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2015, 22:10   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingGuru View Post
Friendly Neighborhood Garage.

Mail Honda, in general it's wise to follow a rule of, "if it isn't documented/in writing, it didn't happen."

Ever wondered, what vested interest could the surveyor have, to discourage an assessment that's independent of the dealer, when a huge number of cars in a city are being 'certified' as total loss & car dealers are arbitrarily charging an unreasonably huge amount for estimation ?

IMHO do consider that it wouldn't hurt much to get an independent assessment from an FNG, atleast initially.

Maybe check the terms of insurance & mail them asking if an independent assessment can be provided.
I already got it from Ignite thats when he said " its better to get from Honda dealer so we can get your claim processed fast. If you still want me to go with this I can go but this is my advice based on experience."

Thats why i am trying.
madbullram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2015, 08:25   #39
BHPian

Friends,
Mine is a more nasty scenario. My car got submerged till wheel height on the rains of 15-Nov. Then came 1-Dec, it got sunk to the height of 2/3rd till window. My wife delivered a baby boy around the same time Amidst all the nightmares of the ghost rains. Back to my senses last week after sending spouse and new born to safe place. Only to realise that all the authorized sevice center to FNGs are filled to brim with submerged cars for service. My car still lies at my house untouched :-(. Worst part is, my insurance got expired and It never struck to me during all these chaos. Now I'm stranded with a flood affected car with no mechanic ready to take it atleast for 10 days and with no insurance coverage. Even if They accept my car, the expected delivery date after service falls somewhere around February owing to the number of cars with them. Now friends, pls suggest me what could be done. My uncle Says that if i manage to bring my car to my native place , service can be done in a week's time. But I'm not sure how to transport the car.
Some details
My car : maruti swift vxi 2008 model
My native that i'm speaking about : kumbakonam.

Please suggest options to bring back my car to running condition. And also, what could be the approximate expense that i should be prepared for.
kablu is offline   Reply With Quote