Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 30th June 2017, 12:22   #106
BHPian

Default Re: Want to sell your car because of repairs? Think again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Does it require a full paint job? If the scratches are minor, get it inspected by a detailing shop. They might be able to get it back to showroom condition at a fraction of the cost.

Since all the parts you've mentioned are all wear and tear parts and there is no major issues with the car - I don't see why it can't run reliably for a few more years.
Even mine is the same color

I got it inspected by Bumper today. They quoted 30k for full car painting excluding roof. This includes major rusting on bonnet and minor on boot door and 1 quarter panel. They have their own booth. Summing up via their per panel costing also leads to a similar figure in my case.

Will check with some other painters as well in Delhi.
saurabh041086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2018, 13:34   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
HU has failed twice and got replaced in warranty. Check engine light flashed few times, while on long drives with family, which didn't gave me the confidence as i had before, though most of such warning are not of any trouble, but errors. Service advisors plus the technicians of authorized dealers kept saying not to retain this vehicle beyond warranty (1.5L kms). So was making my mind to replace it in next 20k kms or so....Came across this thread today.
There are lot of Xylo cabs that do Pune Mumbai runs daily, as the XYLO has the same engine although longitudinally mounted we can consider it should give the same life. Most of these guys say that for the engines that have never overheated, and have strictly followed the 20k km oil change interval, smoking and consuming oil starts only when they are nearing the 5 lakh mark.
As these people usually have a 3 year loan, they sell of at the 3 year 4 lakh km mark and the second owner gets at least a year and lakh km trouble free.

Rahul

Last edited by Rahul Rao : 21st February 2018 at 13:35.
Rahul Rao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2018, 07:24   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Rao View Post
There are lot of Xylo cabs that do Pune Mumbai runs daily, as the XYLO has the same engine although longitudinally mounted we can consider it should give the same life. Most of these guys say that for the engines that have never overheated, and have strictly followed the 20k km oil change interval, smoking and consuming oil starts only when they are nearing the 5 lakh mark.
As these people usually have a 3 year loan, they sell of at the 3 year 4 lakh km mark and the second owner gets at least a year and lakh km trouble free.

Rahul
Engine holds good....but repeated failure on other areas puts a big question mark on reliability of the vehicle. One recent incident last week is flash of Airbag censor within a km of start for a long drive. Luckily I had an alternative car else the entire plan would have got canceled.
Surprise is offline   Reply With Quote