Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 11th August 2016, 11:28   #16
Default re: Videos: Understanding the different types of Gearboxes

Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
Good informative thread. Any guesses as to why a CVT is never mated to a diesel engine?

Audi has diesel CVTs on the A4 and the A6
revintup is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2016, 12:02   #17
Default re: Videos: Understanding the different types of Gearboxes

AFAIK, letting go of the throttle and then reapplying it, gives a bit of a "manual" and "mechanically involving" feel to the whole auto gear shifting process. I usually do this in my Chevy even when I select the manual mode. I have noticed lower transmission temps when I follow this method rather than simply stepping on the the loud pedal. In the local Dubai heat high temps can potentially ruin the internals faster. Even though I have a towing package with a transmission cooler and an altered diff ratio, I prefer to choose mechanical empathy over mechanical ignorance!
Raag Sandhu is online now   Reply With Quote