Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2016, 16:38   #1
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Pune
Posts: 12
Thanked: 9 Times
Default Renault Duster AWD - Major ESP & electrical problem

Hi team,

I had purchased a Renault Duster RxZ AWD on 24th Dec, 2014 from Roharsh Motors, Baner, Pune.

Within one month of ownership, many problems started cropping up. Let's keep those many problems aside, one major problem which is still present in the vehicle is that while driving on normal Pune city roads(main road), all of a sudden ESP light would come on in the instrument cluster.

This light would stay on for quite sometime and if I stop the vehicle on the side of the road and try to switch off the vehicle, the keys would come out, but the vehicle ignition stays on regardless of the keys. After few minutes, this ESP light would go off and with that the entire left side lights of the vehicle (including interior lights and number plate light) would go off as the fuse gets blown due to the ESP thing.

Now I have handed over my vehicle for the same problem for at least 5-6 times to the same dealership (Roharsh Motors, Baner) within a year, but to my surprise this problem still exists. I managed to record a video of this problem after repeated occurrence of it, and shared it with the service center as proof, but they managed to 'prove' their incompetence in rectifying it, as the problem still exists!!

Would like to bring another amazing record which they have created for me (not sure if other customers are also baffled with their service) to everyone's notice - They have managed to keep my vehicle with them for days and days together with no trace of solution to the problem. They don't care for your hard earned money which you put for the vehicle (rather problematic vehicle from them) but rather be used to them just 'parking' your vehicle in the service center.

They have never provided me with a spare vehicle even though they kept my vehicle for 15 days once.
They have a stereotype answer it seems-"work is going on and this is electrical issue so it takes time, etc."

Does a NEW car like Duster give so many problems and that too within a month?

After ending up getting frustrated with the customer service and treatment on every visit, I decided this time to take it up seriously-I wrote an e-mail to the customer care of Renault regarding my issue and asked them to replace my vehicle as its been too much and I am fed up of this faulty vehicle which they have given me. They have simply asked the service center to take my vehicle and solve the issue. My vehicle is lying with them from 19th February, 16 and I don't know how many more days it will be with them this time.

Now I don't want to keep a vehicle which is a defective model altogether. I have all the proofs with me( job cards) for this and all the problems that i have faced till date within a year of ownership.

As on today, the car is simply parked at their facility and they are simply saying that we are waiting for some parts to arrive and may be it can take upto 20-25 days more.

Would like you guys out there reading this post to help me. Please let me know what to do.

Last edited by GTO : 5th March 2016 at 11:01. Reason: Typos
ankit350 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 4th March 2016, 17:32   #2
BHPian
 
sidzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 185
Thanked: 98 Times
Default re: Renault Duster AWD - Major ESP & electrical problem

I understand your condition mate.

Have you tried tweeting @RenaultIndia or putting the matter up on social media?

Companies really take their online social profile very seriously.

Now, regarding the matter of blown fuse and ESP light staying on. I guess there is a grounding issue in the car. Let the experts here chip in.

As far as replacing the car is concerned, I don't think that will be a feasibility.

Don't give up, make the life of the SA miserable.
sidzz is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2016, 07:10   #3
BHPian
 
shady_lawyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 158
Thanked: 288 Times
Default re: Renault Duster AWD - Major ESP & electrical problem

First thing-take it to another A.S.S. I'm not aware though if Poona has more than one. Take it to the new center and just show them the video. Say nothing about M/s Roharsh and their fiddling. If its the ESP and other controls I suspect you have a bust BCM. You can request the A.S.S. to provide you the BCM of their test car and check.
shady_lawyer is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2016, 16:58   #4
Distinguished - BHPian
 
SS-Traveller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 6,618
Thanked: 10,789 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster AWD - Major ESP & electrical problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankit350 View Post
Would like you guys out there reading this post to help me. Please let me know what to do.
Have you installed any after-market electronic or electrical equipment at all, or is your car bone stock as it came from the factory?
SS-Traveller is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2016, 19:50   #5
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Mpower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 10,432
Thanked: 1,682 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster AWD - Major ESP & electrical problem

ESP light coming on means the car is announcing that ESP is in action. Something in the system/circuit is disturbed and tt could be something as simple as a failing brake light switch or a defective yaw sensor

It does not necessarily mean that your car is being damaged in any way. Do you feel the brakes applying by themselves or the car dragging?

Someone with the right scan tool and the access needs to plug your car in and diagnose the problem

Looks like the issue needs to be escalated
Have you tried a different dealer? Any codes? What reply did you get when they handed the car back to you?

Last edited by Mpower : 5th March 2016 at 19:52.
Mpower is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2016, 17:35   #6
Team-BHP Support
 
Jaggu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 17,752
Thanked: 7,473 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster AWD - Major ESP & electrical problem

There should be error codes and analysing that can help find which part is conked. This seems like an some sort of electrical short situation on the left side, since you mention the engine running and lights remaining on and stuff.

Best way to deal with is get the attention of the manufacturer through social media and forums and then directly interact with them.

Last but not the least, the wiring loom might be the culprit. See if you can speak to the dealer and see if they can share more info of the part awaited.
Jaggu is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2016, 16:49   #7
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Pune
Posts: 12
Thanked: 9 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster AWD - Major ESP & electrical problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidzz View Post
I understand your condition mate.

Have you tried tweeting @RenaultIndia or putting the matter up on social media?

Companies really take their online social profile very seriously.

Now, regarding the matter of blown fuse and ESP light staying on. I guess there is a grounding issue in the car. Let the experts here chip in.

As far as replacing the car is concerned, I don't think that will be a feasibility.

Don't give up, make the life of the SA miserable.
Haven't brought it up on social media yet, will have to though as the dealership is least bothered and are taking this matter very lightly. Will keep you posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shady_lawyer View Post
First thing-take it to another A.S.S. I'm not aware though if Poona has more than one. Take it to the new center and just show them the video. Say nothing about M/s Roharsh and their fiddling. If its the ESP and other controls I suspect you have a bust BCM. You can request the A.S.S. to provide you the BCM of their test car and check.
There is only one dealership in Pune i.e. Roharsh Motors. They have one more service center which is located at Wagholi. The technical team is the same as I have seen the same guy handling both the service centers as need be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Have you installed any after-market electronic or electrical equipment at all, or is your car bone stock as it came from the factory?
The car is bone stock as it came from the factory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
ESP light coming on means the car is announcing that ESP is in action. Something in the system/circuit is disturbed and tt could be something as simple as a failing brake light switch or a defective yaw sensor

It does not necessarily mean that your car is being damaged in any way. Do you feel the brakes applying by themselves or the car dragging?

Someone with the right scan tool and the access needs to plug your car in and diagnose the problem

Looks like the issue needs to be escalated
Have you tried a different dealer? Any codes? What reply did you get when they handed the car back to you?
The last time it happened, I did feel the brakes were applying by themselves.

As I mentioned, there is only one dealership in Pune. Every time I took my vehicle to them, they simply replied that we have checked everything and there are no errors at all. They ask me to drive for few days and if the problem crops up again, I should again give them my vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
There should be error codes and analysing that can help find which part is conked. This seems like an some sort of electrical short situation on the left side, since you mention the engine running and lights remaining on and stuff.

Best way to deal with is get the attention of the manufacturer through social media and forums and then directly interact with them.

Last but not the least, the wiring loom might be the culprit. See if you can speak to the dealer and see if they can share more info of the part awaited.
My car is still with the service center as they were waiting for some parts to arrive. Now today they are saying that they are changing only the dashboard wiring, which they have just received, and nothing else.

They said they might be returning my vehicle by tomorrow but still they want me to drive for few days & check whether the lights comes up again as they still do not know the actual cause of the problem.

This is the most inexperienced statement I have ever heard that too from the authorized service center of Renault and I don't know what to do here.
ankit350 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2016, 17:34   #8
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: MH14-KA01-TN19
Posts: 71
Thanked: 30 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster AWD - Major ESP & electrical problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankit350 View Post
As I mentioned, there is only one dealership in Pune. Every time I took my vehicle to them, they simply replied that we have checked everything and there are no errors at all. They ask me to drive for few days and if the problem crops up again, I should again give them my vehicle.



My car is still with the service center as they were waiting for some parts to arrive. Now today they are saying that they are changing only the dashboard wiring, which they have just received, and nothing else.
If there are no issues why change the dashboard wires? Watch out for dashboard rattling noise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankit350 View Post
They said they might be returning my vehicle by tomorrow but still they want me to drive for few days & check whether the lights comes up again as they still do not know the actual cause of the problem.

This is the most inexperienced statement I have ever heard that too from the authorized service center of Renault and I don't know what to do here.
I had similar experiences with Ford service in Pune. What helped me was being persistent with the CSA. Getting to the root of the cause. For instance once I carried a multimeter expecting the usual reply "no errors" to the SA to show him the error. Which also means getting an external diagnosis done with field experts before your visit if the problem recurs. I have experienced some SA's based in Pune happily avoiding the problem at customers cost rather than learning and working on a solution. If this is the case, make SA's life miserable and let him learn it the hard way.
anoop.nair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2016, 18:04   #9
Team-BHP Support
 
Zappo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 5,651
Thanked: 2,010 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster AWD - Major ESP & electrical problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankit350 View Post

This is the most inexperienced statement I have ever heard that too from the authorized service center of Renault and I don't know what to do here.
I know what you are saying and I fully commiserate with you. This is the unfortunate truth about the Renault Service. They have mostly incompetent service technicians who do not know anything beyond the regular service routines of the vehicle. The moment you throw a challenge at them they start fumbling. Unlike other manufacturers (e.g., like Tata or Mahindra) they do not even have any visiting technical engineer from Renault to have a look at the problem first hand and/or suggest an approach. For every tricky thing they escalate with an upload of a video of the issue (if possible) to some Renault website and wait for a revert. In that also they want you to believe that for entire India they only have a few odd people who look after their respective zones (North, South etc.).
Zappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2016, 16:10   #10
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Pune
Posts: 12
Thanked: 9 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster AWD - Major ESP & electrical problem

The service center had returned my vehicle on 9th March without closing the job card saying that they have changed the dashboard wiring and they want me to keep the vehicle under observation.

Earlier, they said that they need to change the steering lock as well (which they already ordered) but now only dashboard wiring has been changed. The reason which they are giving is that the company has asked to only change one part and check for some time and if the light comes up again then only this steering lock would be changed.

I wasn't in favor of taking the vehicle back but they were not ready to listen and said that I should not worry about the job card and the steering lock as the problem has been resolved completely.

Now on 12th March, the ESP light came up again and the fuse has once again blown.I gave a call to the Works Manager - Mr. Sameer regarding the issue to which he simply replied saying that they will pick up the vehicle on Monday i.e. 14th march.

Since morning I have been trying to reach them but my calls aren't getting answered. Also, I noticed that the car is sounding a bit different from usual since I took the delivery from them on the 9th and they have also damaged few things in the interior.

I really don't know what to do here. Looking forward for help from you guys.
ankit350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Renault Duster AWD : Official Review Rehaan Official New Car Reviews 784 13th December 2017 14:39
Introducing Chameleon - My Renault Duster AWD GhostRider28 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 36 16th November 2015 16:22
Renault Duster AWD launched at Rs. 11.89 lakh (pg. 15) sarathlal The Indian Car Scene 307 15th October 2014 13:52
Renault Duster AWD - Quick test report nikhilmadgavkar Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 25 13th October 2014 10:56


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 12:01.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks